Definitions for inferɪnˈfɜr
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word infer
deduce, infer, deduct, derive(verb)
reason by deduction; establish by deduction
generalize, generalise, extrapolate, infer(verb)
draw from specific cases for more general cases
conclude by reasoning; in logic
guess correctly; solve by guessing
"He guessed the right number of beans in the jar and won the prize"
believe to be the case
"I understand you have no previous experience?"
To introduce (a subject) in speaking, writing etc.; to bring in.
To introduce (something) as a reasoned conclusion; to conclude by reasoning or deduction, as from premises or evidence.
To draw a conclusion or inference by reasoning.
To lead to (something) as a consequence; to imply. (Now often considered incorrect, especially with a person as subject.)
Origin: From inferō.
to bring on; to induce; to occasion
to offer, as violence
to bring forward, or employ as an argument; to adduce; to allege; to offer
to derive by deduction or by induction; to conclude or surmise from facts or premises; to accept or derive, as a consequence, conclusion, or probability; to imply; as, I inferred his determination from his silence
to show; to manifest; to prove
Infer delivers data-powered business applications that help companies win more customers. Its cloud-based solutions leverage proven data science to rapidly model the untapped data sitting in enterprises, along with hundreds of external signals from the web. Inspired by the simplicity of the consumer web, Infer manifests advanced statistics across huge data sets in applications that anyone can get up and running in just days. Customers include several of the Fortune 1000 and numerous high growth companies.
Translations for infer
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- usoudit, dopadnout, vyvoditCzech
- schlussfolgern, schließenGerman
- συμπεραίνω, υπονοώ, υπαινίσσομαιGreek
- inferir, argüirSpanish
- kikövetkeztet, dedukálHungarian
- dedurre, concludere, inferire, infliggere, implicareItalian
- anta, tenke, utlede, konkludere, slutte, spekulereNorwegian
- wnioskować, dedukowaćPolish
- motiva, deduce, concluziona, infera, conchideRomanian
- заключить, [[делать]] [[вывод]], заключать, [[сделать]] [[вывод]]Russian
- sluta sig tillSwedish
- anlamına gelmek, manasına gelmek, anlam çıkarmak, anlamak, mana çıkarmak, sonucunu çıkarmakTurkish
Get even more translations for infer »
Find a translation for the infer definition in other languages:
Select another language: