instrumentation (a piece of equipment or tool) used to effect an end
apply in a manner consistent with its purpose or design
"implement a procedure"
enforce, implement, apply(verb)
ensure observance of laws and rules
"Apply the rules to everyone";
follow through, follow up, follow out, carry out, implement, put through, go through(verb)
pursue to a conclusion or bring to a successful issue
"Did he go through with the treatment?"; "He implemented a new economic plan"; "She followed up his recommendations with a written proposal"
that which fulfills or supplies a want or use; esp., an instrument, toll, or utensil, as supplying a requisite to an end; as, the implements of trade, of husbandry, or of war
to accomplish; to fulfill
to provide with an implement or implements; to cause to be fulfilled, satisfied, or carried out, by means of an implement or implements
to fulfill or perform, as a contract or an engagement
Origin: [LL. implementum accomplishment, fr. L. implere, impletum, to fill up, finish, complete; pref. im- in + plere to fill. The word was perh. confused with OF. empleier, emploier, to employ, F. employer, whence E. employ. See Plenty.]
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
im′ple-ment, n. a tool or instrument of labour.—v.t. to give effect to: to fulfil or perform.—adj. Implemen′tal, acting as an implement.—n. Implē′tion, a filling: the state of being full. [Low L. implementum—L. im-plēre, to fill.]
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'implement' in Verbs Frequency: #465
The numerical value of implement in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of implement in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Rule three hundred of obscure leadership if it's your idea, you get to implement it.
These are not talks, it is only a discussion to implement U.N. Security Council resolution 2216, how to implement it on the ground.
If the programmer can simulate a construct faster then the compiler can implement the construct itself, then the compiler writer has blown it badly.
It takes years to plan and implement a project like this, but when you look up on the ridge top in the dawn light and see the silhouette of a bighorn against the morning sky, it makes it all worthwhile.
I don't see a possibility to implement this decision and I can't see it happen also in most EU countries. This decision is dead, it was not being implemented from the very beginning and nothing points to the fact that the majority of EU countries would implement it.
Images & Illustrations of implement
Translations for implement
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- نفذ, حقق, نجز, تنفيذArabic
- выко́нваць, вы́канацьBelarusian
- umsetzen, ausführen, durchführen, erfüllen, vollziehen, implementierenGerman
- herramienta, implementar, implemento, instrumentoSpanish
- riist, teostamaEstonian
- اجرا کردنPersian
- työkalu, toteuttaa, apuväline, panna toimeen, välineFinnish
- appliquer, instrument, exécuter, établirFrench
- cuir an gnìomhScottish Gaelic
- כלי, כליםHebrew
- végrehajt, megvalósítHungarian
- utensilo, realigar, instrumento, implementoIdo
- implementare, attrezzo, mettere in pratica, utensile, arnese, attuareItalian
- 実現する, 道具, 実行するJapanese
- alet, alav, bi cih kirin, ئاڵات, bi cih anîn, amûr, hacet, haletKurdish
- hulpmiddel, toepassen, uitwerken, gereedschap, implementerenDutch
- reiskapNorwegian Nynorsk
- implemento, ferramenta, implementar, instrumentoPortuguese
- средство, реализовывать, инструмент, осуществлять, орудие, претворять в жизнь, прибор, выполнятьRussian
- instrument, sredstvo, ostvariti, implementirati, realizirati, oruđeSerbo-Croatian
- redskap, implementeraSwedish
Get even more translations for implement »
Find a translation for the implement definition in other languages:
Select another language: