Definitions for impetusˈɪm pɪ təs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word impetus
drift, impetus, impulsion(noun)
a force that moves something along
impulse, impulsion, impetus(noun)
the act of applying force suddenly
"the impulse knocked him over"
Something that impels, a stimulating factor.
The outbreak of World War II in 1939 gave a new impetus to receiver development.
A force, either internal or external, that impels; an impulse.
The force or energy associated with a moving body; a stimulus.
An activity in response to a stimulus.
a property possessed by a moving body in virtue of its weight and its motion; the force with which any body is driven or impelled; momentum
fig.: Impulse; incentive; vigor; force
the aititude through which a heavy body must fall to acquire a velocity equal to that with which a ball is discharged from a piece
Impetus is a re-release of the EP Passive Restraints by rock band Clutch, with two new tracks added from the Pitchfork 12". It was released in 1997, and contains five tracks.
Translations for impetus
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- podnět, stimul, impulsCzech
- Schwung, Anschub, Antrieb, Wucht, Schub, Anstoß, TriebkraftGerman
- انگيختار, برانگیزنده, نیروی برانگیزندهPersian
- liikevoima, sysäysFinnish
- impuls, stuwkracht, stimulans, prikkel, aanleiding, drijvende krachtDutch
- impulso, ímpetoPortuguese
- импульс, стимул, толчокRussian
- impuls, impetus, poticajSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for impetus »
Find a translation for the impetus definition in other languages:
Select another language: