Definitions for immigrantˈɪm ɪ grənt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word immigrant
a person who comes to a country where they were not born in order to settle there
A person who comes to a country from another country in order to permanently settle in the new country.
A plant or animal that establishes itself in an area where it previously did not exist.
Of or relating to immigrants or the act of immigrating.
one who immigrates; one who comes to a country for the purpose of permanent residence; -- correlative of emigrant
The numerical value of immigrant in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of immigrant in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Royalty has always been an unconscious but all-consuming goal of the European immigrant.
America is the civilization of people engaged in transforming themselves. In the past, the stars of the performance were the pioneer and the immigrant. Today, it is youth and the Black.
With the anti-immigrant rhetoric from Donald Trump, it is more important than ever that we come together as San Franciscans to stand up for our immigrant communities and support their civic engagement.
I was the son of an immigrant. I experienced bigotry, intolerance and prejudice, even as so many of you have. Instead of allowing these thing to embitter me, I took them as spurs to more strenuous effort.
Trust me, i know the power of the immigrant experience because I live it each and every day. I know the immigrant experience because I married a beautiful girl from Mexico. My children are bicultural and bilingual.
Images & Illustrations of immigrant
Translations for immigrant
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- immiqrant, mühacirAzerbaijani
- імігра́нтка, перасяле́нец, імігра́нт, перасяле́нкаBelarusian
- имигра́нт, имигра́нткаBulgarian
- immigrantCatalan, Valencian
- imigrant, přistěhovalecCzech
- Immigrant, Immigrantin, Einwanderer, EinwanderinGerman
- immigrant, sisserändajaEstonian
- siirtolainen, maahanmuuttajaFinnish
- immigrant, immigranteFrench
- in-imricheScottish Gaelic
- מהגר, מהגרתHebrew
- 帰化植物, 外来動物, 移民, 移住者Japanese
- босқын, иммигрантKazakh
- អន្តោប្រវេសន្ត, ជននិគមKhmer
- 移民者, 이민자Korean
- имигра́нт, досе́леникMacedonian
- цагаач, шилжсэн, нүүсэнMongolian
- ingewekene, immigrant, inwijkelingDutch
- иммигра́нт, переселе́нка, иммигра́нтка, переселе́нецRussian
- doseljenik, doseljenicaSerbo-Croatian
- priseljenec, priseljenkaSlovene
- invandrare, immigrantSwedish
- göçmen, muhacirTurkish
- іммігра́нтка, переселе́нець, переселе́нка, іммігра́нтUkrainian
- dân nhập cưVietnamese
- hinütevan, hinütevanef, jinütevanef, jinütevan, nütevanef, nütevanVolapük
Get even more translations for immigrant »
Find a translation for the immigrant definition in other languages:
Select another language: