Definitions for idiosyncratic
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word idiosyncratic
peculiar to the individual
"we all have our own idiosyncratic gestures"; "Michelangelo's highly idiosyncratic style of painting"
Peculiar to a specific individual; eccentric.
Origin: From idiosyncrasy
alt. of Idiosyncratical
The numerical value of idiosyncratic in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of idiosyncratic in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's a for-profit industry, so if customers come in with some idiosyncratic desire for IVF, they're probably not going to turn them away.
This type of lending carries idiosyncratic risk, your risk is against mispricing something because you are working with products that are very unique.
We are seeing selectively one or two deals that are having problems clearing here. I think they're of an idiosyncratic nature, but I'm on very high alert for that.
The fact that the domestic components are up, outside of certain idiosyncratic areas such as healthcare, suggests that people aren't that worried about the election.
Images & Illustrations of idiosyncratic
Translations for idiosyncratic
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- idiosincràticCatalan, Valencian
- eigenartig, eigentümlichGerman
- isikuomane, idiosünkraatilineEstonian
- sònraichteScottish Gaelic
- idiosincrasico, idiosincraticoItalian
- karakteristiek, eigenzinnig, eigenaardig, idiosyncratischDutch
- idiossincrático, idiossincrásicoPortuguese
- idiosincrazic, idiosincraticRomanian
- персональный, идиосинкразическийRussian
- idiosinkratičan, specifičan, karakterističanSerbo-Croatian
- idiosynkratisk, säregen, egenartadSwedish
Get even more translations for idiosyncratic »
Find a translation for the idiosyncratic definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these idiosyncratic definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"idiosyncratic." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 3 May 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/idiosyncratic>.