ice cream, icecream(noun)
frozen dessert containing cream and sugar and flavoring
A dessert made from frozen sweetened cream or a similar substance, usually flavoured.
A snack consisting of ice cream on a stick or in a wafer cone.
Origin: iced + cream
Ice cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. Most varieties contain sugar, although some are made with other sweeteners. In some cases, artificial flavourings and colourings are used in addition to, or instead of, the natural ingredients. The mixture of chosen ingredients is stirred slowly while cooling, in order to incorporate air and to prevent large ice crystals from forming. The result is a smoothly textured semi-solid foam that is malleable and can be scooped. The meaning of the phrase "ice cream" varies from one country to another. Phrases such as "frozen custard", "frozen yogurt", "sorbet", "gelato" and others are used to distinguish different varieties and styles. In some countries, such as the United States, the phrase "ice cream" applies only to a specific variety, and most governments regulate the commercial use of the various terms according to the relative quantities of the main ingredients. In other countries, such as Italy and Argentina, one word is used for all variants. Analogues made from dairy alternatives, such as goat's or sheep's milk, or milk substitutes, are available for those who are lactose intolerant, allergic to dairy protein, or vegan. The most popular flavours of ice cream are vanilla and chocolate.
U.S. National Library of Medicine
A frozen dairy food made from cream or butterfat, milk, sugar, and flavorings. Frozen custard and French-type ice creams also contain eggs.
Quotes by ice cream -- Explore a large variety of famous quotes made by ice cream on the Quotes.net website.
The numerical value of ice cream in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of ice cream in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Being married means I can break wind and eat ice cream in bed.
Life is like an ice-cream cone, you have to lick it one day at a time.
Optimists are childish; they even believe they can find an ice cream store in the hell!
I doubt whether the world holds for anyone a more soul-stirring surprise than the first adventure with ice cream.
' we need an ice cream shop here, Jennie ; what do you think ?' i thought,' anything to do with ice cream, I'm in.'.
Images & Illustrations of ice cream
Translations for ice cream
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- roomyse, draairoomys, draairoomyse, ys, roomysAfrikaans
- آيس كريم, جيلاتي, مثلجات, بوظة, دندرمةArabic
- маро́зіва, маро́жанаеBelarusian
- gelatCatalan, Valencian
- hufen iâWelsh
- is, vaffelis, isvaffel, flødeisDanish
- Eis, Eiscreme, SpeiseeisGerman
- παγωτό, [[παγωτό]] [[χωνάκι]]Greek
- nieve, heladoSpanish
- jäätelö, jäätelFinnish
- crème glacée, glaceFrench
- uachtar reoite, reoiteogIrish
- reòtagan, reòiteagScottish Gaelic
- key riojey, key riojitManx
- גלידה, גָּבִיעַ גְּלִידָהHebrew
- हिममलाई, मलाईबर्फ़, आइसक्रीमHindi
- krèmHaitian Creole
- fagylalt, jégkrémHungarian
- պաղպաղակ, մառոժնիArmenian
- es krimIndonesian
- rjómaís, ísIcelandic
- アイスクリーム, アイスJapanese
- ಐಸ್ ಕ್ರೀಮ್Kannada
- 얼음보숭이, 아이스크림Korean
- морожний, балмуздак, мороженое, тоңдурмаKyrgyz
- glacies crepitoLatin
- GlaceLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- цэцгийн мэхээлдэсMongolian
- iskrem, isNorwegian
- roomijs, ijs, ijsjeDutch
- is, iskremNorwegian Nynorsk
- abeʼ yistiníNavajo, Navaho
- casquinha, gelado, sorvetePortuguese
- sladoled, сладоледSerbo-Croatian
- අයිස් ක්රීම්Sinhala, Sinhalese
- aesekerimiSouthern Sotho
- glass, strutglass, glasstrutSwedish
- ஐஸ் கிரீம்Tamil
- ఐస్ క్రీమ్Telugu
- ماروژناUyghur, Uighur
- моро́зиво, моро́женеUkrainian
- آئس کریمUrdu
- muzqaymoq, muzdayUzbek
Get even more translations for ice cream »
Find a translation for the ice cream definition in other languages:
Select another language: