Definitions for hurthɜrt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word hurt
injury, hurt, harm, trauma(noun)
any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
distress, hurt, suffering(noun)
"the death of his wife caused him great distress"
feelings of mental or physical pain
a damage or loss
damage, harm, hurt, scathe(adj)
the act of damaging something or someone
suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle
"nursing his wounded arm"; "ambulances...for the hurt men and women"
damaged inanimate objects or their value
ache, smart, hurt(verb)
be the source of pain
give trouble or pain to
"This exercise will hurt your back"
pain, anguish, hurt(verb)
cause emotional anguish or make miserable
"It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
cause damage or affect negatively
"Our business was hurt by the new competition"
hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite(verb)
hurt the feelings of
"She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
hurt, ache, suffer(verb)
feel physical pain
"Were you hurting after the accident?"
feel pain or be in pain
An emotional or psychological hurt (humiliation or bad experience)
A wound or pain.
A roundel azure (blue circular spot).
To be painful.
Does your leg still hurt? / It is starting to feel better.
To cause (a creature) physical pain and/or injury.
To cause (somebody) emotional pain.
To undermine, impede, or damage.
This latest gaffe hurts the MP's reelection prospects still further.
Wounded, physically injured.
a band on a trip-hammer helve, bearing the trunnions
a husk. See Husk, 2
to cause physical pain to; to do bodily harm to; to wound or bruise painfully
to impar the value, usefulness, beauty, or pleasure of; to damage; to injure; to harm
to wound the feelings of; to cause mental pain to; to offend in honor or self-respect; to annoy; to grieve
"Hurt" is a song by American recording artist Christina Aguilera, taken from her fifth studio album Back to Basics. It was released on September 19, 2006 by RCA Records as the second single from the album. The song was written by Aguilera, Linda Perry and Mark Ronson and was produced by Perry. Musically, it is a pop ballad which incorporates many instruments including bass, cello, piano, viola and violin. Lyrically, the song describes how one deals with the loss of a loved one. "Hurt" received mainly favorable reviews from music critics, who praised Aguilera's vocal in the song. It was a moderate hit in the United States, peaking at number 19 on the Billboard Hot 100. Internationally, the song was a commercial success, peaking within the top 10 in several countries and reached number one in Europe. To date, the single has sold over 1.1 million digital copies in the United States alone. An accompanying music video for the song was directed by Floria Sigismondi and Aguilera, portrays the singer as a '40s circus superstar. Aguilera has performed "Hurt" in a number of shows, including the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, Saturday Night Live and her 2007 Back to Basics Tour.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'hurt' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2867
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'hurt' in Written Corpus Frequency: #1718
Rank popularity for the word 'hurt' in Verbs Frequency: #424
Ruth, ruth, thru, Thur, thur
Translations for hurt
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- جرح, آلَمَArabic
- параніць, хварэ́ць, раніць, бале́цьBelarusian
- doler, ferir, doldreCatalan, Valencian
- bolet, poranit, ranitCzech
- verletzen, schmerzen, verletzt, weh tun, quälenGerman
- lastimar, [[hacer]] [[daño]], dolerSpanish
- satuttaa, sattua, koskeaFinnish
- blesser, faire mal, blesséFrench
- ciùrrte, ciùrrScottish Gaelic
- घायल, आहतHindi
- վնասել, ցավել, ցավեցնել, վիրավորArmenian
- særa, vera vont, meiðaIcelandic
- fare male, ferire, ferito, dolereItalian
- 傷つける, 痛いJapanese
- სტკივა, ზიანის მიყენებაGeorgian
- wéi doenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- sāpēt, sāpinātLatvian
- гэмтээх, өвтгөхMongolian
- kwetsen, gekwetst, pijnigen, geblesseerd, pijn gedaan, pijn aandoen, gewond, pijn doen, kwellenDutch
- dòler, dòlreOccitan
- boleć, [[sprawiać]] [[ból]]Polish
- machucar, doer, ferido, magoar, aleijar, machucado, ferirPortuguese
- duleir, dular, duler, dulair, dolairRomansh
- vătăma, durea, răniRomanian
- пора́нить, боле́ть, оби́женный, ра́неный, [[причини́ть]] [[боль]], пострада́вший, [[причиня́ть]] [[боль]], ра́нить, повреждённыйRussian
- firiri, doli, dòliri, dòlereSardinian
- рањен, boljeti, повређенSerbo-Croatian
- såra, skadad, sårad, göra ontSwedish
- గాయపడు, గాయము చేయు, బాధాకరం, మనసు మెలిపెట్టు, బాధపడిన, నొప్పించుTelugu
- ağrıtmak, acımak, acıtmak, ağrımakTurkish
- хворі́ти, захворі́ти, болі́тиUkrainian
- اہت, زخمیUrdu
Get even more translations for hurt »
Find a translation for the hurt definition in other languages:
Select another language: