Definitions for hoverˈhʌv ər, ˈhɒv-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word hover
hover, vibrate, vacillate, oscillate(verb)
be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action
"He oscillates between accepting the new position and retirement"
move to and fro
"The shy student lingered in the corner"
hang in the air; fly or be suspended above
be suspended in the air, as if in defiance of gravity
"The guru claimed that he could levitate"
brood, hover, loom, bulk large(verb)
hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing
"The terrible vision brooded over her all day long"
To float in the air.
To linger in one place.
To waver, or be uncertain.
To place the cursor over a hyperlink or icon without clicking.
Origin: hoveren (frequentative of hoven).
a cover; a shelter; a protection
to hang fluttering in the air, or on the wing; to remain in flight or floating about or over a place or object; to be suspended in the air above something
to hang about; to move to and fro near a place, threateningly, watchfully, or irresolutely
Origin: [OE. hoveren, and hoven, prob. orig., to abide, linger, and fr. AS. hof house; cf. OFries. hovia to receive into one's house. See Hovel.]
Hover! was a video game that was included on CD-ROM versions of the Microsoft Windows 95 operating system. It was a showcase for the advanced multimedia capabilities available on personal computers at the time. It is still available from Microsoft and will run on all of Microsoft's 95-compatible operating systems, from Windows 95, up to and including Windows 7 and 8. Additionally, Hover! will run in WINE on Unix-like systems. The game is a combination of bumper cars and capture the flag. On October 2, 2013, Microsoft released an online version of Hover! in collaboration with an independent developer. It is available at www.hover.ie. This version has a touch interface and 3D graphics. The game claims to be optimized for Internet Explorer 11, but will work on any WebGL-enabled browser. A Windows 8 version of Hover is available on the Windows App Store for free.
Images & Illustrations of hover
Translations for hover
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- zögern, platzieren, schweben, verweilenGerman
- dudar, hesitar, colocar el cursor sobre un enlace, levitar, vacilar, revolotearSpanish
- leijua, kohdistaa, kursori, häilyä, olla kahden vaiheilla, leijailla, norkoilla, epäröidäFinnish
- planer, placer le curseur au-dessus d'un hyperlien, faire du sur-place, hésiterFrench
- flotar, dubidarGalician
- volteggiare, attardarsi, essere in bilico, indugiare, essere indeciso, passare il cursore sopra, essere sospeso, librarsi, gironzolare, aggirarsi, pencolare, ronzare intorno, esitareItalian
- hesitar, pairar, voltearPortuguese
- pluti, oscila, plasa cursorul peste linkRomanian
- реять, порхать, парить, вертеться, слоняться, колебаться, нависать, мешкать, витать, болтатьсяRussian
- лебдети, lebdetiSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for hover »
Find a translation for the hover definition in other languages:
Select another language: