Definitions for heritageˈhɛr ɪ tɪdʒ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word heritage
practices that are handed down from the past by tradition
"a heritage of freedom"
any attribute or immaterial possession that is inherited from ancestors
"my only inheritance was my mother's blessing"; "the world's heritage of knowledge"
that which is inherited; a title or property or estate that passes by law to the heir on the death of the owner
hereditary succession to a title or an office or property
An inheritance; property that may be inherited.
A tradition; something that can be passed down from preceding generations.
A birthright; the status acquired by birth, especially of but not exclusive to the firstborn.
Having a certain background, such as growing up with a second language.
The university requires heritage Spanish students to enroll in a specially designed Spanish program not available to non-heritage students.
Origin: héritage, from hereditas.
that which is inherited, or passes from heir to heir; inheritance
a possession; the Israelites, as God's chosen people; also, a flock under pastoral charge
Origin: [OE. heritage, eritage, OF. heritage, eritage, F. hritage, fr. hriter to inherit, LL. heriditare. See Hereditable.]
Heritage is a BBC Books original novel written by first-time novelist Dale Smith and based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It features the Seventh Doctor and Ace.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'heritage' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4526
Rank popularity for the word 'heritage' in Nouns Frequency: #1860
Translations for heritage
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- treftadaeth, etifeddiaethWelsh
- Erbe, Geburtsrecht, ErbschaftGerman
- domenyinu, ŋgɔgbevinyenyeEwe
- herencia, patrimonioSpanish
- perintö, perimätieto, perinne, syntymäoikeusFinnish
- còir-bhreith, oighreachd, dual, dualchasScottish Gaelic
- наследство, првородствоMacedonian
- erfenis, erfgoedDutch
- dziedzictwo, spadek, spuściznaPolish
- наследство, первородство, наследиеRussian
- násljēđe, nasledstvoSerbo-Croatian
- arvegods, arv, kulturarvSwedish
- gelenek, miras, adet, görenek, ananeTurkish
- di sảnVietnamese
- eritance, eritaedjeWalloon
Get even more translations for heritage »
Find a translation for the heritage definition in other languages:
Select another language: