Definitions for heedhid
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word heed
Random House Webster's College Dictionary
to give attention; have regard.
(n.)careful attention; notice.
Origin of heed:
bef. 900; ME heden, OE hēdan, c. OS hōdian, OHG huoten to protect; akin to hood1
attentiveness, heed, regard, paying attention(verb)
paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people)
"his attentiveness to her wishes"; "he spends without heed to the consequences"
heed, mind, listen(verb)
pay close attention to; give heed to
"Heed the advice of the old men"
Attention; notice; observation; regard; u2013 often used with give, pay or take.
Careful consideration; obedient regard.
A look or expression of heading.
To mind; to regard with care; to take notice of; to attend to; to observe.
To pay attention, care.
Origin: From hedan, from hōdijanan. Cognate with Dutch hoeden, German hüten.
to mind; to regard with care; to take notice of; to attend to; to observe
to mind; to consider
attention; notice; observation; regard; -- often with give or take
careful consideration; obedient regard
a look or expression of heading
Heed is a Swedish heavy metal band founded in 2004 by ex-Lost Horizon members Daniel Heiman and Fredrik Olsson. They were joined by drummer Mats Karlsson and bass player Jörgen Olsson, and began recording on their debut album The Call. It was released in Japan in October 21, 2005 and in Europe the 14th of June the next year. When The Call was completed, Jörgen and Mats left Heed because their musical visions and goals collided with those of the founding members. Fredrik and Daniel started looking for new members and soon found Tommy Larsson and Ufuk Demir. They also added a second guitarist, Martin Andersson.
Translations for heed
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary
to pay attention to
He refused to heed my warning; Heed what I say!
- ag gee, opletAfrikaans
- يَهْتَم، يَنتَبِهArabic
- обръщам вниманиеBulgarian
- dar atençãoPortuguese (BR)
- dbát; dát pozorCzech
- lytte til; høre efterDanish
- προσέχω, παίρνω υπόψη μουGreek
- hacer caso a alguien, tomar en cuenta, considerarSpanish
- kuulda võtmaEstonian
- توجه كردن بهFarsi
- ottaa vaari jstkFinnish
- faire attentionàFrench
- לַשִים לֵבHebrew
- paziti, uzeti u obzir, obazirati seCroatian
- gondosan figyel vmireHungarian
- gaumgæfa, veita athygliIcelandic
- tener conto di, fare/prestare attenzione aItalian
- kreipti dėmesį, klausytiLithuanian
- pievērst uzmanību; ņemt vērāLatvian
- in acht nemen, aandacht besteden aanDutch
- ta hensyn til, bry seg omNorwegian
- wziąć pod rozwagęPolish
- توجه كردن بهPersian
- پام كول ، توجه كول ځيريدلPashto
- dar atençãoPortuguese
- a da atenţieRomanian
- принимать во вниманиеRussian
- dať pozor, všímať siSlovak
- lyssna till, fästa avseende vid, bry sig omSwedish
- dinlemek, kulak asmakTurkish
- 留意Chinese (Trad.)
- зважати, звертати увагуUkrainian
- توجہ دیناUrdu
- lưu ýVietnamese
- 留神，留意Chinese (Simp.)
Get even more translations for heed »
Find a translation for the heed definition in other languages:
Select another language: