rush, hasten, hurry, look sharp, festinate(verb)
act or move at high speed
"We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it(verb)
"He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
speed up the progress of; facilitate
"This should expedite the process"
induce, stimulate, rush, hasten(verb)
cause to occur rapidly
"the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
To move in a quick fashion.
To make someone speed up or make something happen quicker.
To cause some scheduled event to happen earlier.
to press; to drive or urge forward; to push on; to precipitate; to accelerate the movement of; to expedite; to hurry
to move celerity; to be rapid in motion; to act speedily or quickly; to go quickly
The numerical value of hasten in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of hasten in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore, So do our minutes hasten to their end.
However, I do not want to hasten to confirm anything before we study them in greater detail.
Certainly this will not hasten an agreement because without Israel's consent, nothing will change.
Certainly this (draft) will not hasten an agreement because without Israel's consent, nothing will change.
Has anyone supposed it lucky to be born? I hasten to inform him or her that it is just as lucky to die, and I know it.
Images & Illustrations of hasten
Translations for hasten
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- beeilen, eilen, hasten, vorziehen, beschleunigen, vorverlegenGerman
- adelantar, correr, acelerar, precipitar, anticiparSpanish
- kiirehtiä, kiirehtääFinnish
- hâter, presser, dépêcherFrench
- siettet, gyorsít, sietHungarian
- affrettare, anticipare, sbrigarsi, affrettarsiItalian
- haasten, vervroegen, bespoedigen, verhaastenDutch
- спешить, поторопить, поспешить, поторопиться, торопить, торопитьсяRussian
- anticipiovať, posúriť, urýchliť, poponáhľať, náhliťSlovak
- jäkta, hasta, skynda, skynda påSwedish
Get even more translations for hasten »
Find a translation for the hasten definition in other languages:
Select another language: