Definitions for harshhɑrʃ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word harsh
"wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"; "the nomad life is rough and hazardous"
disagreeable to the senses
"the harsh cry of a blue jay"; "harsh cognac"; "the harsh white light makes you screw up your eyes"; "harsh irritating smoke filled the hallway"
of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles
"coarse meal"; "coarse sand"; "a coarse weave"
unkind or cruel or uncivil
"had harsh words"; "a harsh and unlovable old tyrant"; "a rough answer"
"a harsh penalty"
sharply disagreeable; rigorous
"the harsh facts of court delays"; "an abrasive character"
To negatively criticize.
Quit harshing me already, I said that I was sorry!
to put a damper on (a mood).
Dude, you're harshing my buzz.
Unpleasantly rough to the touch or other senses.
Severe or cruel.
rough; disagreeable; grating
disagreeable to the touch
disagreeable to the taste
disagreeable to the ear
unpleasant and repulsive to the sensibilities; austere; crabbed; morose; abusive; abusive; severe; rough
having violent contrasts of color, or of light and shade; lacking in harmony
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'harsh' in Adjectives Frequency: #687
Translations for harsh
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- severa, aspre, criticar, severCatalan, Valencian
- grov, ruDanish
- harsch, herb, rau, schrill, hart, grell, streng, scharf, unwirschGerman
- duro, severo, áspero, despotricarSpanish
- rankka, tyly, julma, raakaFinnish
- dur, dureFrench
- borb, searbh, garg, cruaidhScottish Gaelic
- grossolano, ruvido, severo, discordante, accidentato, rigoroso, rude, crudele, duro, gibboso, aspro, rigidoItalian
- 냉혹하다, 가혹한, 거칠다Korean
- raucus, durusLatin
- rupjš, raupjšLatvian
- ruw, wreed, zwaar, grofDutch
- áspera, cruel, grosso, áspero, grosseiro, severo, duroPortuguese
- aspru, severRomanian
- строгий, грубый, жёсткий, жестковатый, шершавый, твёрдый, неприятный, шероховатый, суровый, резкий, зазубренныйRussian
- ashpër, vrazhdëAlbanian
Get even more translations for harsh »
Find a translation for the harsh definition in other languages:
Select another language: