banal, commonplace, hackneyed, old-hat, shopworn, stock(a), threadbare, timeworn, tired, trite, well-worn(adj)
repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse
"bromidic sermons"; "his remarks were trite and commonplace"; "hackneyed phrases"; "a stock answer"; "repeating threadbare jokes"; "parroting some timeworn axiom"; "the trite metaphor `hard as nails'"
Repeated too often.
The sermon was full of hackneyed phrases and platitudes.
Song lyrics by hackneyed -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by hackneyed on the Lyrics.com website.
The numerical value of hackneyed in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of hackneyed in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Images & Illustrations of hackneyed
Translations for hackneyed
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- шаблонен, изтъркан, баналенBulgarian
- abgenutzt, banal, abgedroschenGerman
- τετριμμένος, κοινότοποςGreek
- gastado, trilladoSpanish
- و خندیدیمPersian
- rebattu, éculéFrench
- חבוט, נדושHebrew
- banal, trivialInterlingua
- afgezaagd, banaalDutch
- batido, trivial, banalPortuguese
- зата́сканный, бана́льный, изби́тый, шабло́нныйRussian
- banalan, izlizanSerbo-Croatian
- utnött, sliten, banalSwedish
Get even more translations for hackneyed »
Find a translation for the hackneyed definition in other languages:
Select another language: