Definitions for groomgrum, grʊm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word groom
a man participant in his own marriage ceremony
stableman, stableboy, groom, hostler, ostler(noun)
someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
a man who has recently been married
prepare, groom, train(verb)
educate for a future role or function
"He is grooming his son to become his successor"; "The prince was prepared to become King one day"; "They trained him to be a warrior"
dress, groom, curry(verb)
give a neat appearance to
"groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
care for one's external appearance
"He is always well-groomed"
a boy or young man; a waiter; a servant; especially, a man or boy who has charge of horses, or the stable
one of several officers of the English royal household, chiefly in the lord chamberlain's department; as, the groom of the chamber; the groom of the stole
a man recently married, or about to be married; a bridegroom
to tend or care for, or to curry or clean, as a, horse
Origin: [Cf. Scot. grome, groyme, grume, gome, guym, man, lover, OD. grom boy, youth; perh. the r is an insertion as in E. bridegroom, and the word is the same as AS. guma man. See Bridegroom.]
Groom is a town in Carson County, Texas, United States. The population was 587 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Amarillo, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is on Interstate Highway 40 42 miles east of Amarillo, 220 miles west of Oklahoma City.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I do, some guests are telling us the bride and groom didn't speak to each other at the reception.
The groom's family kept us in the dark about his poor education, even a first grader can answer this.
Relations and friends of the groom and bridegroom were just gathering when the bomb explosions happened.
Congratulation to the glowing bride and groom, And to my daughter Alexa, who has a wonderful friend in Alexis! Wishing the growing family every happiness!
Images & Illustrations of groom
Translations for groom
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- Bräutigam, Stallknecht, Pferdeknecht, pflegen, striegeln, vorbereiten, präparierenGerman
- νεόνυμφος, περιποιούμαι ζώο, περιποιούμαι, ευπρεπίζω, γαμπρός, ιπποκόμοςGreek
- acicalar, novioSpanish
- siistiytyä, tampata, sulhanen, tallirenki, sukiaFinnish
- préparer, fiancé, palefrenier, jeune marié, damerFrench
- fear na bainnse, fear nuadh-pòsdaScottish Gaelic
- vőlegény, lovászHungarian
- sposo, stalliere, curarsi, rendersi presentabile, cavallaio, palafreniere, curare la propria persona, strigliare, fare la toilette, curare il proprio aspetto, azzimareItalian
- 신랑, 말꾼, 마부Korean
- zava, زاواKurdish
- tāne mārenaMāori
- тимари, младоженец, коњушар, се негува, се дотерува, негуваMacedonian
- brudgomNorwegian Nynorsk
- жених, конюхRussian
- ženik, mladòženjaSerbo-Croatian
- damat, seyisTurkish
Get even more translations for groom »
Find a translation for the groom definition in other languages:
Select another language: