Definitions for goalkeeperˈgoʊlˌki pər
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word goalkeeper
goalkeeper, goalie, goaltender, netkeeper, netminder(noun)
the soccer or hockey player assigned to protect the goal
goalkeeper, goalie, goaltender, netkeeper(noun)
the defensive position on an ice hockey or soccer or lacrosse team who stands in front of the goal and tries to prevent opposing players from scoring
a designated player that protects a goal by attempting to prevent the opposing team from scoring.
In many team sports which involve scoring goals, a goalkeeper is a designated player charged with directly preventing the opposing team from scoring by intercepting shots at goal. Such positions exist in hurling, association football, Gaelic football, international rules football, handball, field hockey, ice hockey, netball, water polo, bandy, lacrosse, floorball, and other sports.
A person in a variety of sports whose role is to keep a ball or similar shaped object from entering the length and width of the net they stand in front of.
In soccer, hockey, ice hockey and many other sports the goalkeeper keeps the ball from coming inside their net.
The numerical value of goalkeeper in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of goalkeeper in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The guys in front of me were fantastic, every now and then it’s up to the goalkeeper to come up with the save and I was lucky enough to do that tonight.
So they say they've approved 95% of the permits. Let's be more optimistic and assume that they approve 99%. What's the point if the 1% includes the head coach, captain or goalkeeper of the national team? Or those of a visiting team? Will any association accept to play without all or any of these? It's about the principle, not statistics. Footballers should not be denied to move at all.
Images & Illustrations of goalkeeper
Translations for goalkeeper
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حارس مرمىArabic
- porterCatalan, Valencian
- målvogter, målmandDanish
- Torhüterin, Torwartin, Torsteherin, Goalfrau, Torwächter, Torhüter, Torwart, Fliegenfänger, Torsteher, Torwächterin, Keeper, Goali, Tormann, Schlussfrau, Keeperin, Goalmann, Goalie, Schlussmann, Torfrau, FliegenfängerinGerman
- golulo, golulinoEsperanto
- arquero, golero, guardameta, porteroSpanish
- goal, gardien, portier, gardienne, portière, gardien de but, gardienne de butFrench
- fear-bàireScottish Gaelic
- ゴールキーパー, キーパーJapanese
- 골키퍼, 키퍼Korean
- gwithyades wol, gwithyas golCornish
- keeper, doelman, doelwachter, doelwachtsterDutch
- goleiro, guarda-redesPortuguese
- portăriță, portarRomanian
- вратарь, голкиперRussian
- vratar, вратар, голман, golmanSerbo-Croatian
- голкіпер, воротарUkrainian
- thủ môn, thủ thànhVietnamese
- zeilijigaledan, zeiligaledan, zeilihigaledanVolapük
Get even more translations for goalkeeper »
Find a translation for the goalkeeper definition in other languages:
Select another language: