someone who takes care of a garden
someone employed to work in a garden
One who gardens; one who grows plants or cultivates a garden.
derived from the profession gardener.
one who makes and tends a garden; a horticulturist
A gardener is someone who practices gardening, either professionally or as a hobby.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'gardener' in Nouns Frequency: #2499
The numerical value of gardener in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of gardener in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If there is no gardener there is no garden.
A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
The vast majority of slugs and snails feed on dead or rotting vegetation so I wouldn't call them the gardener's pest, they get a bad press.
The world is a garden of philosophy. God is its gardener; Man is the visitor. And any tree that does not bear fruits of philosophy either does not belong to that garden or is yet to be grown.
The great French Marshall Lyautey once asked his gardener to plant a tree. The gardener objected that the tree was slow growing and would not reach maturity for 100 years. The Marshall replied, 'In that case, there is no time to lose plant it this afternoon'
Images & Illustrations of gardener
Translations for gardener
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- jardinera, jardinerCatalan, Valencian
- zahradnice, zahradníkCzech
- Gärtnerin, GärtnerGerman
- ĝardenistino, ĝardenistoEsperanto
- jardinera, jardineroSpanish
- jardinier, jardinièreFrench
- xardineira, xardineiroGalician
- պարտիզպան, այգեպանArmenian
- tukang kebunIndonesian
- gardenisto, gardenistulo, gardenistinoIdo
- giardiniere, giardinieraItalian
- hovenier, tuinlieden, tuinman, tuinierDutch
- ogrodnik, ogrodniczkaPolish
- grădinar, grădinăreasă, grădinarăRomanian
- садовница, садовод, садовникRussian
- vrtlar, sadnikSerbo-Croatian
- kopshtare, kopshtarAlbanian
- hardinero, hardineraTagalog
- người làm vườnVietnamese
- higadan, gadan, jigadanVolapük
Get even more translations for gardener »
Find a translation for the gardener definition in other languages:
Select another language: