Definitions for forebodingfɔrˈboʊ dɪŋ, foʊr-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word foreboding
foreboding, premonition, presentiment, boding(noun)
a feeling of evil to come
"a steadily escalating sense of foreboding"; "the lawyer had a presentiment that the judge would dismiss the case"
an unfavorable omen
fateful, foreboding(a), portentous(adj)
A sense of evil to come.
An evil omen.
Of ominous significance; serving as an ill omen; foretelling of harm or difficulty.
presage of coming ill; expectation of misfortune
The numerical value of foreboding in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of foreboding in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I would far rather be ignorant than wise in the foreboding of evil.
We have seen time gradually dispel every unfavorable foreboding and our Constitution surmount every adverse circumstance dreaded at the outset as beyond control.
A very foreboding sign, the journalist was killed just three days after President Salva Kiir threatened to target journalists before departing for peace talks in Addis Ababa, it is still too early to tell whether there is a link but this tragedy will certainly cast a pall over independent reporting in the country as South Sudanese journalists are increasingly forced to self-censor as a means of survival.
Images & Illustrations of foreboding
Translations for foreboding
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- прокоба, поличбаBulgarian
- zlá předtuchaCzech
- Vorahnung, bange Ahnung, AhnungGerman
- mal presentimiento, presentimientoSpanish
- [[paha]] [[enne]]Finnish
- mauvais pressentimentFrench
- brutto presentimento, malaugurioItalian
- [[mau]] [[pressentimento]], [[mau]] [[agouro]]Portuguese
- presentiment rău, piază, presimțire reaRomanian
- [[предчувствие]] [[дурной, предзнаменование, предчувствиеRussian
- predznak zla, zla slutnjaSerbo-Croatian
- içine doğma, önsezi, sezi, kötü his, malum olmaTurkish
Get even more translations for foreboding »
Find a translation for the foreboding definition in other languages:
Select another language: