newcomer, fledgling, fledgeling, starter, neophyte, freshman, newbie, entrant(noun)
any new participant in some activity
young bird that has just fledged or become capable of flying
(of a young bird) having acquired its flight feathers
"a fledgling robin"
fledgling, unfledged, callow(adj)
young and inexperienced
"a fledgling enterprise"; "a fledgling skier"; "an unfledged lawyer"
A young bird which has just developed its flight feathers (notably wings).
An immature, nau00EFve and/or inexperienced person.
untried or inexperienced
Origin: From fledge 'prepare for flying' + diminutive suffix -ling
The numerical value of fledgling in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of fledgling in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's a chance to enter this world from ground zero and be a part of this fledgling industry that has enormous potential.
We are a fledgling business district that's kind of going through a growth spurt right now and people still drive here and parking is becoming a real problem.
We're still taking this potential threat, with its dangerous rhetoric and ideology, very, very seriously, we're working closely with the ANSF to evaluate and understand the dynamic nature of this fledgling network.
It is clearly in our interest to do what we can to support the new fledgling Libyan government ... because of the state it's in is a danger to all of us, we have an interest in doing what we can to support the new government to help it to grow, to help it have the ability to control that country.
Images & Illustrations of fledgling
Translations for fledgling
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ptáčátko, ptáče, nezkušenýCzech
- Küken, Jungvogel, eben flügge gewordener Vogel, flügges Kücken, Grünschnabel, flügges Küken, flügger VogelGerman
- πρωτόπειρος, αρχάριος, άπειρος, νεοσσόςGreek
- pollito, amateur, novato, inexpertoSpanish
- lentopoikanen, kokematon, untuvikko, aloitteleva, orastavaFinnish
- inexpérimenté, oisillon, novice, bleuFrench
- inesperto, pivello, uccellino, novellino, principiante, alle prime armiItalian
- កូនបក្សី, មនុស្សគ្មានសមត្ថភាព, ដោយគ្មានបទពិសោធន៏Khmer
- nieuweling, groentje, onervaren, melkmuil, aankomeling, kuikenDutch
- novato, iniciante, inexperientePortuguese
- păsărea, novice, ageamiu, păsăricăRomanian
- оперившийся птенец, неопытный юнец, новичок, неискушённый, зелёный, птенец, неопытныйRussian
- nybörjare, oerfaren, flygfärdig, fågelungeSwedish
- jibödül, hibödül, bödülVolapük
Get even more translations for fledgling »
Find a translation for the fledgling definition in other languages:
Select another language: