Definitions for fecklessˈfɛk lɪs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word feckless
not fit to assume responsibility
generally incompetent and ineffectual
"feckless attempts to repair the plumbing"; "inept handling of the account"
Without skill, ineffective, incompetent.
Lacking the courage to act in any meaningful way.
spiritless; weak; worthless
Origin: [Perh. a corruption of effectless.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The STB has historically been feckless but this latest merger is a real test for them.
You three have done quite enough today: all of you and your feckless, treacherous god.
This president's foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven.
We would shoot down the planes of Russian pilots if in fact they were stupid enough to think that this president was the same feckless weakling( as) the president we have in the Oval Office... right now.
If Russia believes that they can respond and retaliate against Turkey because NATO's not going to do anything about it, what they are basically doing is they are making the argument that NATO is no longer viable, that it is a feckless alliance, so it's important for us to be clear that we will respond and defend Turkey if they come under assault from the Russians.
Images & Illustrations of feckless
Translations for feckless
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- вял, напразен, безцелен, безпомощен, слаб, безполезенBulgarian
- hjælpeløs, initiativløs, udueligDanish
- incapable, irresponsable, irréfléchiFrench
- חַלָשׁ וְלֹא אַחֲרַאִיHebrew
- onhandig, inefficiënt, doelloos, lamlendig, futloos, fecklessDutch
- udugelig, hjelpeløs, ubehjelpelig, initiativløsNorwegian
- вя́лый, бесполе́зный, беспо́мощный, сла́бый, напра́сный, бесце́льныйRussian
- hjälplös, oduglig, rådlösSwedish
Get even more translations for feckless »
Find a translation for the feckless definition in other languages:
Select another language: