not fit to assume responsibility
generally incompetent and ineffectual
"feckless attempts to repair the plumbing"; "inept handling of the account"
Without skill, ineffective, incompetent.
Lacking the courage to act in any meaningful way.
spiritless; weak; worthless
Origin: [Perh. a corruption of effectless.]
The numerical value of feckless in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of feckless in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
The STB has historically been feckless but this latest merger is a real test for them.
You three have done quite enough today: all of you and your feckless, treacherous god.
This president's foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven.
We would shoot down the planes of Russian pilots if in fact they were stupid enough to think that this president was the same feckless weakling( as) the president we have in the Oval Office... right now.
Four decades ago Jimmy Carter gave away the Panama Canal, we built it, we paid for it and then a feckless left-wing president gave it away. Well Mr. President, you don't have the authority to give away vital military assets, and if you do that, you will be held accountable by the next president for undermining the national security of this country.
Images & Illustrations of feckless
Translations for feckless
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- вял, напразен, безцелен, безпомощен, слаб, безполезенBulgarian
- hjælpeløs, initiativløs, udueligDanish
- incapable, irresponsable, irréfléchiFrench
- חַלָשׁ וְלֹא אַחֲרַאִיHebrew
- onhandig, inefficiënt, doelloos, lamlendig, futloos, fecklessDutch
- udugelig, hjelpeløs, ubehjelpelig, initiativløs, fecklessNorwegian
- вя́лый, бесполе́зный, беспо́мощный, сла́бый, напра́сный, бесце́льныйRussian
- hjälplös, oduglig, rådlösSwedish
Get even more translations for feckless »
Find a translation for the feckless definition in other languages:
Select another language: