farewell, word of farewell(noun)
an acknowledgment or expression of goodwill at parting
farewell, leave, leave-taking, parting(noun)
the act of departing politely
"he disliked long farewells"; "he took his leave"; "parting is such sweet sorrow"
A wish of happiness or welfare at parting, especially a permanent departure; the parting compliment; a goodbye; adieu.
An act of departure; leave-taking; a last look at, or reference to something.
To bid farewell or say goodbye
parting, valedictory, final
He said "Farewell!" and left.
go well; good-by; adieu; -- originally applied to a person departing, but by custom now applied both to those who depart and those who remain. It is often separated by the pronoun; as, fare you well; and is sometimes used as an expression of separation only; as, farewell the year; farewell, ye sweet groves; that is, I bid you farewell
a wish of happiness or welfare at parting; the parting compliment; a good-by; adieu
act of departure; leave-taking; a last look at, or reference to something
parting; valedictory; final; as, a farewell discourse; his farewell bow
Origin: [Fare (thou, you) + well.]
Farewell is Tomiko Van's first original studio album under the Avex Trax label. The album was released on March 29, 2006 with no singles released before it.
The numerical value of farewell in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of farewell in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
This is a year that's dedicated to Kobe Bryant and Kobe Bryant farewell.
It was terrible. It was a death letter, a farewell to his family, if I were to think of the letter every day, then I would be a wreck today.
Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or lifetime is certain for those who are friends.
Images & Illustrations of farewell
Translations for farewell
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- وداع, وداعاً, مع السلامةArabic
- прощален, сбогом, на добър час!, сбогуванеBulgarian
- adéuCatalan, Valencian
- sbohem, rozloučeníCzech
- ffarwel, ymadawolWelsh
- Lebewohl sagen, Abschied, auf Wiedersehen, lebe wohl, auf WiederschauenGerman
- αποχαιρετισμός, αντίοGreek
- despedirse, despedida, hasta siempre, adiósSpanish
- hyvästellä, jäähyväiset, hyvästi, hyvää matkaa, hyvästelyFinnish
- bon vent, adieuFrench
- soraidhScottish Gaelic
- selamat tinggalIndonesian
- addio, arrivederciItalian
- さようなら, 送別, 別れJapanese
- bene ambulā, valeLatin
- збогување, со здравје, кинисување, проштавање, заминување, збогум, разделба, разделбен, проштален, на добар часMacedonian
- afscheid, vaarwelDutch
- pożegnanie, żegnaj, pożegnalny, bywajPolish
- [[de]] [[despedida]], despedir-se, adeus, despedidaPortuguese
- la revedereRomanian
- до свидания, прощай, прощание, прощальный, прощаться, прощайтеRussian
- završni, završan, konačni, konačanSerbo-Croatian
- ta avsked, farväl, avskedSwedish
- Diè wådeWalloon
Get even more translations for farewell »
Find a translation for the farewell definition in other languages:
Select another language: