farewell, word of farewell(noun)
an acknowledgment or expression of goodwill at parting
farewell, leave, leave-taking, parting(noun)
the act of departing politely
"he disliked long farewells"; "he took his leave"; "parting is such sweet sorrow"
A wish of happiness or welfare at parting, especially a permanent departure; the parting compliment; a goodbye; adieu.
An act of departure; leave-taking; a last look at, or reference to something.
To bid farewell or say goodbye
parting, valedictory, final
He said "Farewell!" and left.
go well; good-by; adieu; -- originally applied to a person departing, but by custom now applied both to those who depart and those who remain. It is often separated by the pronoun; as, fare you well; and is sometimes used as an expression of separation only; as, farewell the year; farewell, ye sweet groves; that is, I bid you farewell
a wish of happiness or welfare at parting; the parting compliment; a good-by; adieu
act of departure; leave-taking; a last look at, or reference to something
parting; valedictory; final; as, a farewell discourse; his farewell bow
Origin: [Fare (thou, you) + well.]
Farewell is Tomiko Van's first original studio album under the Avex Trax label. The album was released on March 29, 2006 with no singles released before it.
a good bye word
The numerical value of farewell in Chaldean Numerology is: 6
The numerical value of farewell in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
This is a year that's dedicated to Kobe Bryant and Kobe Bryant farewell.
It was terrible. It was a death letter, a farewell to his family, if I were to think of the letter every day, then I would be a wreck today.
Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or lifetime is certain for those who are friends.
Images & Illustrations of farewell
Translations for farewell
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- وداع, وداعاً, مع السلامةArabic
- прощален, сбогом, на добър час!, сбогуванеBulgarian
- adéuCatalan, Valencian
- sbohem, rozloučeníCzech
- ffarwel, ymadawolWelsh
- Lebewohl sagen, Abschied, auf Wiedersehen, lebe wohl, auf WiederschauenGerman
- αποχαιρετισμός, αντίοGreek
- despedirse, despedida, hasta siempre, adiósSpanish
- hyvästellä, jäähyväiset, hyvästi, hyvää matkaa, hyvästelyFinnish
- bon vent, adieuFrench
- soraidhScottish Gaelic
- selamat tinggalIndonesian
- addio, arrivederciItalian
- さようなら, 送別, 別れJapanese
- bene ambulā, valeLatin
- збогување, со здравје, кинисување, проштавање, заминување, збогум, разделба, разделбен, проштален, на добар часMacedonian
- afscheid, vaarwelDutch
- pożegnanie, żegnaj, pożegnalny, bywajPolish
- [[de]] [[despedida]], despedir-se, adeus, despedidaPortuguese
- la revedereRomanian
- до свидания, прощай, прощание, прощальный, прощаться, прощайтеRussian
- završni, završan, konačni, konačanSerbo-Croatian
- ta avsked, farväl, avskedSwedish
- Diè wådeWalloon
Get even more translations for farewell »
Find a translation for the farewell definition in other languages:
Select another language: