Definitions for fall asleep
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word fall asleep
fall asleep, dope off, flake out, drift off, nod off, drop off, doze off, drowse off(verb)
change from a waking to a sleeping state
"he always falls asleep during lectures"
To pass from a state of wakefulness into sleep.
The numerical value of fall asleep in Chaldean Numerology is: 4
The numerical value of fall asleep in Pythagorean Numerology is: 8
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
California is the only state in the union where you can fall asleep under a rose bush in full bloom and freeze to death.
Some patients with a loud faulty valve can even hear the sound of their valve at night when they are trying to fall asleep.
If you’re among the many Americans who are sleep deprived, it probably won’t be difficult for you to fall asleep at the new time.
If you can stop whatever you doing, just about any place and any time of day, and sit down and immediately fall asleep, that's a problem.
It also affects relationships quite dramatically. Narcoleptics say they fall asleep while having sex or are too tired to have sex, or are irritable.
Images & Illustrations of fall asleep
Translations for fall asleep
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- falde i søvnDanish
- entschlafen, einschlafenGerman
- nukkua pois, nukahtaaFinnish
- sovna burtur, sovnaFaroese
- dormire, cadere addormentato, addormentarsiItalian
- 眠りに落ちる, 寝静まる, 寝る, 寝付く, 寝入るJapanese
- خهو لێکهوتنKurdish
- addormio, addormiscoLatin
- in slaap vallen, ontslapen, inslapenDutch
- odchodzić, usypiać, zasnąć, zasypiać, odejść, usnąćPolish
- заснуть, засыпать, опочить, почить, уснутьRussian
- zaspať, usnúť, zosnúťSlovak
- somna, somna in, falla i sömnSwedish
- ngủ gụcVietnamese
Get even more translations for fall asleep »
Find a translation for the fall asleep definition in other languages:
Select another language: