Definitions for fabulousˈfæb yə ləs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word fabulous
"a fabulous vacation"
fabulous, mythic, mythical, mythologic, mythological(adj)
based on or told of in traditional stories; lacking factual basis or historical validity
"mythical centaurs"; "the fabulous unicorn"
"the fabulous endurance of a marathon runner"
of or relating to fable, myth or legend.
characteristic of fables; marvelous, extraordinary, incredible, unbelievable, absurd, extreme, or exaggerated.
fictional or not believable; made up.
known for telling fables or falsehoods; unreliable.
very good; outstanding, wonderful.
Origin: From fabuleux or fabulosus, "celebrated in fable".
feigned, as a story or fable; related in fable; devised; invented; not real; fictitious; as, a fabulous description; a fabulous hero
passing belief; exceedingly great; as, a fabulous price
Origin: [L. fabulosus; cf. F. fabuleux. See Fable.]
"Fabulous" is an R&B song by Jaheim, featuring guest vocals by Tha' Rayne. It was released in 2002 and was the first single from his album Still Ghetto. It was produced by Kay Gee. This song samples "Wake Up Everybody" by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. A music video for the single was shot in August 2002 in New Jersey and includes appearances by Mary J. Blige and Tha' Rayne. The song peaked at number seven on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart and number 28 on the Hot 100. It also hit #1 on the Adult R&B chart for three weeks from February 1, 2003 to February 22, 2003.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
It's fabulous. We're overjoyed.
Yes, I know, my jacket's fabulous.
Many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it.
I'm thankful, because they gave me a fabulous free publicity campaign, the Red Sari.
There clearly are many parents with kids who have disabilities who do a fabulous job.
Images & Illustrations of fabulous
Translations for fabulous
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- чудесен, преувеличен, легендарен, баснословенBulgarian
- fabelagtig, fantastiskDanish
- sagenumwoben, sagenhaft, außergewöhnlich, wunderbar, märchenhaft, außerordentlich, fabelhaft, nicht glaubwürdig, unglaubhaft, mythisch, unhistorischGerman
- extraordinario, fabuloso, increíble, maravilloso, fantásticoSpanish
- tarumainen, tarunomainen, satumainen, mahtavaFinnish
- легендарлуу, укмуштуу, сыйкырдууKyrgyz
- extraordinar, fabulos, incredibil, extrem de bun, foarte bun, legendar, miticRomanian
- необычайный, невероятный, потрясающий, преувеличенный, сказочный, баснословныйRussian
- sagolik, fantastisk, fabulös, underbarSwedish
Get even more translations for fabulous »
Find a translation for the fabulous definition in other languages:
Select another language: