Definitions for ethnicityɛθˈnɪs ɪ ti
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word ethnicity
an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties
"ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations"
The common characteristics of a group of people.
An ethnic group.
Ethnicity, is Yanni's 13th studio album, released in 2003, extending his "One World, One People" philosophy. It peaked at #27 on Billboard's "Top Internet Albums" chart and at #27 on the "Billboard 200" chart in 2003. It also peaked at #1 on the "Top New Age Albums" chart in 2004. This release sparked what would become the 4th largest concert tour of 2003, ranked by Billboard Magazine. One element distinguishing Ethnicity from previous albums is the extensive use of human voices, not only solo arias and group chants, but also bona fide lyrics, a rare departure for the artist. "The Promise," for example, is an adaptation of an earlier composition, "Secret Vows," featuring lyrics from longtime friend Pamela McNeill and sung by powerhouse vocalist Alfreda Gerald, a member of Yanni's Tribute tour. The album's final track reflects his own cultural heritage with a traditional Greek island folk song, "Jivaeri".
Translations for ethnicity
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ètniaCatalan, Valencian
- ethnische Gruppe, Volkszugehörigkeit, ethnische Zugehörigkeit, EthnizitätGerman
- قوم, قومیتPersian
- etnisyys, kansallisuus, kansallispiirreFinnish
- groupe ethnique, ethnie, ethnicité, appartenance ethniqueFrench
- eitneachas, eitneachtIrish
- etnikum, etnikaiHungarian
- 民族性, 民族, エスニシティJapanese
- ក្រុមជនជាតិ, ជាតិពន្ធភាពKhmer
- 민족, 民族Korean
- etnisitetNorwegian Nynorsk
- национальность, этнос, этническая принадлежность, этническая группаRussian
- етницитет, etnicitetSerbo-Croatian
- 民族, dân tộcVietnamese
Get even more translations for ethnicity »
Find a translation for the ethnicity definition in other languages:
Select another language: