Definitions for encompassɛnˈkʌm pəs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word encompass
embrace, encompass, comprehend, cover(verb)
include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory
"This group encompasses a wide range of people from different backgrounds"; "this should cover everyone in the group"
To form a circle around; to encircle.
To include within its scope; to circumscribe or go round so as to surround; to enclose; to contain.
To include completely; to describe fully or comprehensively.
This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
To go around, especially, to circumnavigate.
Drake encompassed the globe.
to circumscribe or go round so as to surround closely; to encircle; to inclose; to environ; as, a ring encompasses the finger; an army encompasses a city; a voyage encompassing the world
Encompass, the Enterprise Computing Association, was the original computer user group for business customers of Hewlett-Packard. Encompass's history begins with DECUS, founded in 1961, for customers of the Digital Equipment Corporation, which was acquired in 1998 by Compaq. The U.S. Chapter incorporated as the user group Encompass U.S. Hewlett-Packard acquired Compaq in 2002. Encompass continued as an HP user group, aimed at business customers of all of HP's hardware, software, and services. The Encompass mission was to promote technical information exchange among its members and between the members and Hewlett-Packard. The Connect User Group Community, formed from the consolidation in May, 2008 of Encompass, Interex EMEA, and ITUG is Hewlett-Packard’s largest user community representing more than 50,000 participants. See Connect for more information. The Encompass Board at the time of the consolidation consisted of Nina Buik, Kristi Browder, Glen Kuykendall, Anthony Ioele, Steve Davidek, Dena Wright, John Maynen, Clyde Poole, and Bill Johnson. Two former directors were credited with being instrumental in facilitating the consolidation, Chris Koppe and Jim Becker.
Translations for encompass
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- съдържам, обхващам, обкръжавам, включвам, заобикалямBulgarian
- umfassen, umschließen, enthalten, beinhalten, umgeben, abdecken, einschließenGerman
- circundar, abarcar, englobar, rodearSpanish
- sisältää, ympäröidä, käsittääFinnish
- fevna umFaroese
- renfermer, englober, entourer, comprendre, inclure, encerclerFrench
- racchiudere, comprendere, circondare, includereItalian
- მოცვა, გარშემოვლება, გარშემორტყმა, მოიცავსGeorgian
- dorpêç kirin, hindirrandin, hewandinKurdish
- omvatten, bevattenDutch
- omfattaNorwegian Nynorsk
- otaczać, otoczyć, obejmowaćPolish
- englobar, conter, rodear, circundar, abarcar, compreenderPortuguese
- заключи́ть, окружи́ть, включа́ть, включи́ть, содержа́ть, охва́тывать, охвати́ть, заключа́ть, окружа́тьRussian
- innehålla, inringa, omfatta, inkluderaSwedish
Get even more translations for encompass »
Find a translation for the encompass definition in other languages:
Select another language: