determined or actuated by emotion rather than reason
"it was an emotional judgment"
of more than usual emotion
"his behavior was highly emotional"
of or pertaining to emotion
"emotional health"; "an emotional crisis"
aroused, emotional, excited, worked up(adj)
(of persons) excessively affected by emotion
"he would become emotional over nothing at all"; "she was worked up about all the noise"
Of or relating to the emotions.
Characterised by emotion.
Determined by emotion rather than reason.
Appealing to or arousing emotion.
Easily affected by emotion.
Sheu2019s an emotional person.
Readily displaying emotion.
pertaining to, or characterized by, emotion; excitable; easily moved; sensational; as, an emotional nature
Emotional is the fourth studio album by the Austrian musician Falco released in 1986.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'emotional' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #2804
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'emotional' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4339
Rank popularity for the word 'emotional' in Adjectives Frequency: #377
The numerical value of emotional in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of emotional in Pythagorean Numerology is: 5
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Seeing my mom that emotional made me really emotional too.
It is always good to be emotional, but really bad to be an emotional fool
To be happy with your woman, make her emotional, but never become emotional!”
It's been an emotional week, emotional night, and the night is just beginning, i look forward to celebrating with my friends and family and I think I'll take some time after that. Like I said, I am going to enjoy the night, take it one step at a time.
My biggest emotional defeat and the greatest emotional pain I've had as an actor was when 'Wild Wild West' opened up to $52 million. The movie wasn't good. And it hurt so bad to be the No. 1 movie, to open at $52 million and to know the movie wasn't good.
Images & Illustrations of emotional
Translations for emotional
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- емоционален, чувствен, вълнуващBulgarian
- emocionalCatalan, Valencian
- citový, emočníCzech
- emocional, emotivoSpanish
- tunteellinen, herkkätunteinen, [[tunne]]-, tunnepohjainen, tunteisiin vetoava, [[tunne-elämä, tunnepitoinen, [[tunneFinnish
- érzelmes, hangulati, érzelmiHungarian
- impressionabile, emotivo, emozionante, commoventeItalian
- emcionāls, emocionālsLatvian
- emotivo, comovente, emocional, impressionável, emocionadoPortuguese
- emoțional, emoționabilRomanian
- эмоциональный, волнующий, чувственный, чувствительныйRussian
- känslofylld, emotionell, känslosam, känsloladdad, känslostyrd, känslofullSwedish
Get even more translations for emotional »
Find a translation for the emotional definition in other languages:
Select another language: