Definitions for edenˈid n
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word eden
Eden, paradise, nirvana, heaven, promised land, Shangri-la(noun)
any place of complete bliss and delight and peace
Eden, Garden of Eden(noun)
a beautiful garden where Adam and Eve were placed at the Creation; when they disobeyed and ate the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil they were driven from their paradise (the fall of man)
A garden built by God as the home for Adam and Eve; sometimes identified as part of Mesopotamia
A paradise on Earth; a state of innocence
Various place names
, probably derived from a place name.
from the biblical place name; also a medieval diminutive of compound names beginning with the element u0113ad.
Origin: עדן, perhaps from e-den "Steppe, garden".
the garden where Adam and Eve first dwelt; hence, a delightful region or residence
Origin: [Heb. den delight, pleasure; also, a place of pleasure, Eden.]
Eden is a coastal town in the South Coast region of New South Wales, Australia. The town, 478 kilometres south of the state capital Sydney near the border with Victoria, is located between Nullica Bay to the south and Calle Calle Bay, the northern reach of Twofold Bay, and built on undulating land adjacent to the third deepest natural harbour in the southern hemisphere, and Snug Cove on its western boundary. At the 2006 census, Eden had a population of 3,006. The eastern coastline has rugged cliffs at the southern end and a wide, sandy surf beach, Aslings Beach, north of the cliffs. The beach ends at the entrance to Lake Curalo, a safe boating inlet of Twofold Bay. Although the urban settlement of Eden commenced in 1843 the settlement was not officially proclaimed as a township until 20 March 1885. The town’s main industries include fishing, forestry, and tourism.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
ē′den, n. the garden where Adam and Eve lived: a paradise.—adj. Eden′ic. [Heb. ēden, delight, pleasure.]
The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Paradise, the original spot referred to by tradition wholly uncertain, though believed to have been in the Far East, identified in Moslem tradition with the moon.
The numerical value of eden in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of eden in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
...simple fact that any land looks like Eden after months at sea.
Trade-offs have been with us ever since the late unpleasantness in the Garden of Eden.
It's the Garden of Eden. And what have we done? Brought this virus into the Garden of Eden.
There's just something about this place. People for hundreds of years can't be wrong, it's about as close as I think you can get to the Garden of Eden.
Only 15 to 30 percent of our economic problems are due to sanctions. The remaining 70 percent is because of our mismanagement. So the lifting of sanctions won't be the end of our problems, iran won't become the Garden of Eden after the sanctions.
Images & Illustrations of eden
Translations for eden
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
Get even more translations for eden »
Find a translation for the eden definition in other languages:
Select another language: