Definitions for early bird
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word early bird
a person who arrives early before others do
a person who gets up very early in the morning
A person who wakes early or arrives early, typically before most others.
Origin: From the expression the early bird catches the worm.
"Early Bird" is a science fiction short story written in 1973 by Theodore R. Cogswell and Theodore L. Thomas. The story was first published in Astounding: The John W Campbell Memorial Anthology. It takes place within the same universe as Cogswell's 1952 novel The Spectre General and features the character Major Kurt Dixon of the Imperial Space Marines.
Translations for early bird
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- matinador, matiner, matinadora, matineraCatalan, Valencian
- früher Vogel, FrühaufsteherGerman
- madrugadora, alondra, madrugadorSpanish
- aamuihminen, aamuvirkkuFinnish
- 早起きの人, 朝型Japanese
- vroege vogelDutch
- ranny ptaszek, skowronekPolish
- madrugador, madrugadoraPortuguese
- жаворонок, ранняя пташкаRussian
Get even more translations for early bird »
Find a translation for the early bird definition in other languages:
Select another language: