Definitions for dupedup, dyup
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word dupe
a person who is tricked or swindled
gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across(verb)
fool or hoax
"The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
A person who has been deceived.
A duplicate of a photographic image.
A duplicate of an order receipt printed for kitchen staff.
To swindle, deceive, or trick.
To duplicate a photographic image.
one who has been deceived or who is easily deceived; a gull; as, the dupe of a schemer
to deceive; to trick; to mislead by imposing on one's credulity; to gull; as, dupe one by flattery
Origin: [F., prob. from Prov. F. dupe, dube; of unknown origin; equiv. to F. huppe hoopoe, a foolish bird, easily caught. Cf. Armor. houprik hoopoe, a man easily deceived. Cf. also Gull, Booby.]
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
A man who evades his own conscience is a dupe.
If somebody had mal intent going into that [process], and they had no prior record that would lead anybody in law enforcement or the security establishment to question their motives, you could easily see where somebody could dupe the system.
Images & Illustrations of dupe
Translations for dupe
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- يخدع, مغفلArabic
- лековерник, мамя, будала, измамвамBulgarian
- oklamat, podvedený, napálený, oklamaný, napálitCzech
- κορόιδο, κοροϊδεύω, αγαθιάρης, εξαπατώGreek
- trompato, trompito, trompiEsperanto
- incauto, engrupido, engañado, engañarSpanish
- palimadár, balekHungarian
- bodoh, tipu, akal, memperdayaIndonesian
- dupigar, dupoIdo
- bedrogene, gedupeerdeDutch
- enganar, defraudar, ludibriadoPortuguese
- несообразительный человек, кидать, надувать, вводить в заблуждение, обманывать, легковерный человек, ловчить, одурачивать, жертва обмана, простофиля, разводитьRussian
- podviesť, oklamaťSlovak
Get even more translations for dupe »
Find a translation for the dupe definition in other languages:
Select another language: