Definitions for duchessˈdʌtʃ ɪs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word duchess
the wife of a duke or a woman holding ducal title in her own right
The female spouse or widow of a duke.
The female ruler of a duchy (where women can reign).
to court or curry favour for political or business advantage; to flatter obsequiously.
the wife or widow of a duke; also, a lady who has the sovereignty of a duchy in her own right
Duchess is a village in southern Alberta, Canada, located north of Brooks, across from Trans-Canada Highway, in the County of Newell. The village was named for Duchess Louise Marguerite. It is mainly a ranching community.
The Roycroft Dictionary
The feminine of Dutchman.
Translations for duchess
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- княгіня, герцагіняBelarusian
- дукеса, херцогиняBulgarian
- duquessaCatalan, Valencian
- ban-diùcScottish Gaelic
- hercegnő, hercegnéHungarian
- istri adipati, adipati perempuanIndonesian
- hertuginneNorwegian Nynorsk
- герцогиня, княгиняRussian
- vojvotkinja, војвоткињаSerbo-Croatian
- княгиня, герцогиняUkrainian
- dük, hidük, jidükVolapük
Get even more translations for duchess »
Find a translation for the duchess definition in other languages:
Select another language: