Definitions for distortdɪˈstɔrt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word distort
falsify, distort, garble, warp(verb)
make false by mutilation or addition; as of a message or story
twist, twine, distort(verb)
form into a spiral shape
"The cord is all twisted"
contort, deform, distort, wring(verb)
twist and press out of shape
tinge, color, colour, distort(verb)
affect as in thought or feeling
"My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
deform, distort, strain(verb)
alter the shape of (something) by stress
"His body was deformed by leprosy"
To bring something out of shape.
To become misshapen.
To give a false or misleading account of
In their articles, journalists sometimes distort the truth.
Origin: From distortum, past participle of distorquero
to twist of natural or regular shape; to twist aside physically; as, to distort the limbs, or the body
to force or put out of the true posture or direction; to twist aside mentally or morally
to wrest from the true meaning; to pervert; as, to distort passages of Scripture, or their meaning
Origin: [L. distortus, p. p. of distorquere to twist, distort; dis- + torquere to twist. See Torsion.]
Distort was the second release and first remix album by Darkwave duo Collide which has been out of print for some time. However recently the album has been brought back in stock with a few more tracks and has undergone some more studio remixing and remastering for the 2006 release.
Translations for distort
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- изкривявам, деформирам, изопачавамBulgarian
- misprezenti, distordi, tordiEsperanto
- vääntää, vääristää, vääristelläFinnish
- déformer, distordreFrench
- fiar, cuir casadh i, cam, cuir as a chuma, athchum, cuir as a ríocht, cuir cor iIrish
- torzít, csúsztatHungarian
- deformare, distorcereItalian
- 歪める, 曲げるJapanese
- បង្ខូចទ្រង់ទ្រាយ, ធ្វើអោយខុសពីភាពដើមKhmer
- verdraaien, vervalsen, vervormenDutch
- forvrenge, fordreieNorwegian
- искривить, искажать, искривлять, извращать, исказить, изгибать, извратить, изогнутьRussian
Get even more translations for distort »
Find a translation for the distort definition in other languages:
Select another language: