Definitions for dilutedɪˈlut, daɪ-; ˈdaɪ lut
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word dilute
reduced in strength or concentration or quality or purity
"diluted alcohol"; "a dilute solution"; "dilute acetic acid"
dilute, thin, thin out, reduce, cut(verb)
lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase(verb)
corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
To make thinner by adding solvent to a solution; especially by adding water.
To weaken, especially by adding a foreign substance.
To cause the value of individual shares to decrease by increasing the total number of shares.
Having a low concentration.
Clean the panel with a dilute, neutral cleaner.
Weak; reduced in strength due to dilution, diluted.
Origin: From dilutus, from diluere, from di-, dis- + luere. See lave, and compare deluge.
to make thinner or more liquid by admixture with something; to thin and dissolve by mixing
to diminish the strength, flavor, color, etc., of, by mixing; to reduce, especially by the addition of water; to temper; to attenuate; to weaken
to become attenuated, thin, or weak; as, it dilutes easily
diluted; thin; weak
Origin: [L. dilutus, p. p.]
Dilute is an indie/math rock band from Fremont, Sacramento, California. The band is currently on hiatus and members are in bands, Okay, Natural Dreamers, 31knots, and Jacques Kopstein. They have two albums and a live album with Hella. They have also been signed through three record deals, 54 40 or Fight!, Toad Records and Sickroom Records
Images & Illustrations of dilute
Translations for dilute
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- разреждам, разреден, разводнявамBulgarian
- zředit, ředitCzech
- verdünnen, verwässernGerman
- laiha, heikentää, jatkaa, laimennettu, laimentaa, mieto, laimea, vesittää, ohentaa, dilutoidaFinnish
- diluer, couper, faible, dilué, diluéeFrench
- דל, חלש, דילל, החליש, מדוללHebrew
- híg, hígítHungarian
- veikur, þynna, veikja, þynntur, þynntIcelandic
- dilutus, diluere, imbecillus, deminuere, mollis, hebetare, affligereLatin
- rozcieńczać, rozcieńczonyPolish
- разведённый, разбавлять, разбавленный, разбавитьRussian
- tunna ut, späda utSwedish
Get even more translations for dilute »
Find a translation for the dilute definition in other languages:
Select another language: