Definitions for despicableˈdɛs pɪ kə bəl, dɪˈspɪk ə-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word despicable
despicable, ugly, vile, slimy, unworthy, worthless, wretched(adj)
"would do something as despicable as murder"; "ugly crimes"; "the vile development of slavery appalled them"; "a slimy little liar"
Fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean; vile; worthless
fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean; vile; worthless; as, a despicable man; despicable company; a despicable gift
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear.
Police intervened very quickly to stop these despicable acts.
But no, I would never kill them, i think that would be despicable.
It is not human nature we should accuse but the despicable conventions that pervert it.
Some of the things that we now know happened were despicable, unacceptable and awful for the game that we love so much.
Images & Illustrations of despicable
Translations for despicable
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- презрян, жалъкBulgarian
- menyspreableCatalan, Valencian
- niederträchtig, verachtenswert, widerwärtig, abscheulich, verabscheuungswürdig, gemeinGerman
- αχαρακτήριστος, ποταπός, αχρείοςGreek
- bajo, desdeñable, despreciableSpanish
- kurja, halveksittavaFinnish
- abject, méprisableFrench
- keji, tercela, hinaIndonesian
- disprezzabile, spregevole, abiettoItalian
- verachtelijk, verfoeilijk, afschuwelijkDutch
- abject, disprețuibilRomanian
- жалкий, презренныйRussian
Get even more translations for despicable »
Find a translation for the despicable definition in other languages:
Select another language: