Definitions for despicableˈdɛs pɪ kə bəl, dɪˈspɪk ə-
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word despicable
despicable, ugly, vile, slimy, unworthy, worthless, wretched(adj)
"would do something as despicable as murder"; "ugly crimes"; "the vile development of slavery appalled them"; "a slimy little liar"
Fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean; vile; worthless
fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible; mean; vile; worthless; as, a despicable man; despicable company; a despicable gift
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
des′pi-ka-bl, adj. deserving to be despised: contemptible: worthless.—ns. Des′picableness, Despicabil′ity.—adv. Des′picably. [L. despicĕre, to despise.]
The numerical value of despicable in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of despicable in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear.
The accusations leveled against Judge Kelly are despicable.
Police intervened very quickly to stop these despicable acts.
But no, I would never kill them, i think that would be despicable.
It is not human nature we should accuse but the despicable conventions that pervert it.
Images & Illustrations of despicable
Translations for despicable
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- презрян, жалъкBulgarian
- menyspreableCatalan, Valencian
- niederträchtig, verachtenswert, widerwärtig, abscheulich, verabscheuungswürdig, gemeinGerman
- αχαρακτήριστος, ποταπός, αχρείοςGreek
- bajo, desdeñable, despreciableSpanish
- kurja, halveksittavaFinnish
- abject, méprisableFrench
- keji, tercela, hinaIndonesian
- disprezzabile, spregevole, abiettoItalian
- verachtelijk, verfoeilijk, afschuwelijkDutch
- abject, disprețuibilRomanian
- жалкий, презренныйRussian
Get even more translations for despicable »
Find a translation for the despicable definition in other languages:
Select another language: