Definitions for derogatorydɪˈrɒg əˌtɔr i, -ˌtoʊr i
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word derogatory
derogative, derogatory, disparaging(adj)
expressive of low opinion
"derogatory comments"; "disparaging remarks about the new house"
A trade-line on a credit report that includes negative credit history.
Tending to derogate, or lessen in value of someone; expressing derogation; detracting; injurious.
When referring to a clause in a testament: a sentence of secret character inserted by the testator alone, of which he reserves the knowledge to himself, with a condition that no will he may make thereafter shall be valid, unless this clause is inserted word for word; u2013 a precaution to guard against later wills extorted by violence, or obtained by suggestion.
Origin: From derogatorius, from derogare; corresponding to .
tending to derogate, or lessen in value; expressing derogation; detracting; injurious; -- with from to, or unto
The numerical value of derogatory in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of derogatory in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
I said some pretty derogatory things that I do regret saying.
In Chinese history, 'rabbit' was a derogatory term for homosexuals.
They are defining hateful or derogatory as meaning with the Bible says about homosexuality.
People were urinating off the balconies, throwing up in the elevators, making suggestive and sexual comments about veterans with their service dogs and derogatory and suggestive comments about their wives.
A court has passed (an) order prohibiting the publication and transmission of the interview till further orders, he (Mukesh) had made offensive and derogatory remarks against women, creating an atmosphere of fear and tension with the possibility of public outcry.
Images & Illustrations of derogatory
Translations for derogatory
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- пренебрежителен, подценяващBulgarian
- pejoratiu, derogatori, despectiuCatalan, Valencian
- hanlivý, pohrdavý, ponižujícíCzech
- abwertend, beleidigend, pejorativ, derogatorisch, derogativ, abfälligGerman
- υποτιμητικός, υβριστικός, μειωτικόςGreek
- halventava, alentavaFinnish
- dépréciative, péjorative, dépréciatif, péjoratifFrench
- offensivo, riduttivo, contumelioso, spregiativo, insultante, ingiuriosoItalian
- beledigend, kleinerend, denigrerendDutch
- nedsetjandeNorwegian Nynorsk
- pogardliwy, pejoratywnyPolish
- derrogatório, depreciativoPortuguese
- dăunător, defavorabil, prejudiciator, derogatoriu, denigratorRomanian
- пренебрежительный, презрительный, уничижительныйRussian
Get even more translations for derogatory »
Find a translation for the derogatory definition in other languages:
Select another language: