the distribution of forces in preparation for battle or work
An arrangement or classification of things.
An implementation, or putting into use, of something.
The distribution of military forces prior to battle.
when used in the context of parachuting: the start of something
Origin: * deploy + -ment
the act of deploying; a spreading out of a body of men in order to extend their front
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. In naval usage, the change from a cruising approach or contact disposition to a disposition for battle. 2. The movement of forces within operational areas. 3. The positioning of forces into a formation for battle. 4. The relocation of forces and materiel to desired operational areas. Deployment encompasses all activities from origin or home station through destination, specifically including intra-continental United States, intertheater, and intratheater movement legs, staging, and holding areas. See also deployment order; deployment planning; prepare to deploy order.
The numerical value of deployment in Chaldean Numerology is: 1
The numerical value of deployment in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Mike Viti just got out of a tough deployment to Afghanistan with the 4th Infantry Division, and I had just come back from my third deployment.
Resources are being staged for quick deployment and all eyes are on the creeks, the weather is warmer and snow is melting, but creeks are flowing well.
In this case, we don't yet know the cause of the unusual deployment and we don't yet have detailed information, so we are instructing the carmaker to determine the cause and report back as soon as possible.
The decision to delay the deployment of the National Guard is deeply concerning, we are asking that the governor make available and deploy all necessary resources to prevent the further destruction of property and the preservation of life in the city of Ferguson.
A training mission like this is not without danger and this is not a decision New Zealand have taken lightly, i have required assurances that our men and women will be as safe as they can practicably be in Taji. The deployment came at the request of the Iraqi government and was likely to be a joint training mission with neighboring Australia, Mr Key said. New Zealand's cabinet would review the deployment after nine months, New Zealand added. The United States is leading the coalition to fight ISIS from the sky over Iraq and Syria. The militant group has declared an Islamic caliphate in the area and demanded that all Muslims pledge allegiance to its leader -- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Richard Jackson from the National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies at New Zealand's University of Otago said New Zealand's commitment to the coalition would likely be dangerous for its citizens in the Middle East region.
Images & Illustrations of deployment
Translations for deployment
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- nasazení, rozvinutíCzech
- implementación, despliegueSpanish
- asettelu, käyttöönottoFinnish
- desdobramento, desenvolvimentoPortuguese
- размещение, внедрение, развёртываниеRussian
Get even more translations for deployment »
Find a translation for the deployment definition in other languages:
Select another language: