Definitions for depictdɪˈpɪkt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word depict
picture, depict, render, show(verb)
show in, or as in, a picture
"This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
describe, depict, draw(verb)
give a description of
"He drew an elaborate plan of attack"
portray, depict, limn(verb)
make a portrait of
"Goya wanted to portray his mistress, the Duchess of Alba"
To render a representation of something, using words, sounds, images, or other means.
to form a colored likeness of; to represent by a picture; to paint; to portray
to represent in words; to describe vividly
Origin: [L. depictus, p. p. of depingere to depict; de- + pingere to paint. See Paint, and cf. Depaint, p. p.]
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'depict' in Verbs Frequency: #867
Images & Illustrations of depict
Translations for depict
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- изобразявам, описвамBulgarian
- beschreiben, darstellen, abbildenGerman
- décrire, représenterFrench
- leír, lerajzol, lefestHungarian
- rappresenta, raffiguraItalian
- afbeelden, beschrijvenDutch
- reprezenta, înfățișa, descrie, ilustra, pictaRomanian
- опи́сывать, изобража́ть, описа́ть, изобрази́ть, обрисо́вывать, обрисова́тьRussian
- framställa, skildraSwedish
Get even more translations for depict »
Find a translation for the depict definition in other languages:
Select another language: