Definitions for dentdɛnt
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word dent
an appreciable consequence (especially a lessening)
"it made a dent in my bank account"
incision, scratch, prick, slit, dent(noun)
a depression scratched or carved into a surface
dent, ding, gouge, nick(verb)
an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
make a depression into
"The bicycle dented my car"
a stroke; a blow
a slight depression, or small notch or hollow, made by a blow or by pressure; an indentation
to make a dent upon; to indent
a tooth, as of a card, a gear wheel, etc
Origin: [F., fr. L. dens, dentis, tooth. See Tooth.]
Dent is to become weaken.
Dent is a state of decreased or diminished a pain encounter from the accident.
Dent is a village and civil parish in Cumbria, England. It lies in Dentdale, a narrow valley on the western slopes of the Pennines within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. It is about 4 miles south east of Sedbergh and about 8 miles north east of Kirkby Lonsdale.
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
If the situation drags out then that will be a dent to confidence for investors.
This puts a further dent in our ability to think that silver bullets are ready-in-the making for many cancer types.
When people around you change, moving from a very process-defined model to a much more agile model, it is definitely making a dent in everyone's thinking.
As far as the oil market is concerned, the potential ramifications are downward, if the situation drags out then that will be a dent to confidence for investors.
Over 7,000 people a day are contracting HIV … mostly in sub-Saharan Africa, if we can make a dent in that with our technology, it would make an enormous impact.
Translations for dent
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- щърбел, вдлъбнатина, нащърбвамBulgarian
- eindellen, Beule, einbeulen, DelleGerman
- βαθούλωμα, κοίλωμα, βαθουλώνωGreek
- abollar, abolladuraSpanish
- lommo, lommoontua, koloFinnish
- cabosser, cabossure, accroc, bosseFrench
- horpadás, horpad, horpasztHungarian
- ammaccatura, ammaccareItalian
- 凹み, 凹む, 凹ませるJapanese
- krijgen, buts, deuk, blutsen, deuken, bluts, indeukenDutch
- bulk, bulke, bungel, få en bulkNorwegian
- amassado, amassarPortuguese
- udubina, udubljenje, uleknućeSerbo-Croatian
- oyuk, göçük, çökmeTurkish
Get even more translations for dent »
Find a translation for the dent definition in other languages:
Select another language: