Definitions for delusiondɪˈlu ʒən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word delusion
delusion, psychotic belief(noun)
(psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary
a mistaken or unfounded opinion or idea
"he has delusions of competence"; "his dreams of vast wealth are a hallucination"
delusion, illusion, head game(noun)
the act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas
A false belief that is resistant to confrontation with actual facts.
The state of being deluded or misled.
That which is falsely or delusively believed or propagated; false belief; error in belief.
the act of deluding; deception; a misleading of the mind
the state of being deluded or misled
that which is falsely or delusively believed or propagated; false belief; error in belief
A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception. Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states. However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.
Translations for delusion
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- заблу́да, заблужде́ние, илю́зияBulgarian
- indbildning, vrangforestillingDanish
- Irreführung, Wahn, Wahnvorstellung, TäuschungGerman
- πλάνη, ψευδαίσθηση, αυταπάτηGreek
- ilusión, delirio, idea delirante, engañoSpanish
- הטעיה, אשליהHebrew
- waandenkbeeld, inbeelding, waanvoorstelling, waan, waanidee, hersenschim, waanzin, misvattingDutch
- delírio, delusão, iludirPortuguese
- заблужде́ние, иллю́зия, обма́н, [[введе́ние]] [[в]] [[заблужде́ние]]Russian
Get even more translations for delusion »
Find a translation for the delusion definition in other languages:
Select another language: