Definitions for deliberately
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word deliberately
intentionally, deliberately, designedly, on purpose, purposely, advisedly, by choice, by design(adverb)
with intention; in an intentional manner
"he used that word intentionally"; "I did this by choice"
in a deliberate unhurried manner
"she was working deliberately"
Intentionally, or after deliberation; not accidentally.
He deliberately broke that, didn't he?
Taking one's time, slowly and carefully.
After being called upon, he strode deliberately up to the blackboard.
with careful consideration, or deliberation; circumspectly; warily; not hastily or rashly; slowly; as, a purpose deliberately formed
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'deliberately' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #3505
Written Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'deliberately' in Written Corpus Frequency: #4185
Rank popularity for the word 'deliberately' in Adverbs Frequency: #254
The numerical value of deliberately in Chaldean Numerology is: 9
The numerical value of deliberately in Pythagorean Numerology is: 1
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
Some of them were deliberately inciting people.
Women are excluded, not deliberately, but thoughtlessly.
All manufacturers deliberately engineer their cars to do well in the test.
It would appear that someone has deliberately locked that door( on Flight 9525).
No man is exempt from saying silly things the mischief is to say them deliberately.
Images & Illustrations of deliberately
Translations for deliberately
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- prudentment, deliberadamentCatalan, Valencian
- bevidst, roligt, med vilje, langsomt, sindigtDanish
- mit Absicht, absichtlichGerman
- harkitusti, tarkoitus, verkkaisesti, verkkaan, tahallaan, tarkoitukselisestiFinnish
- a dh’aon ghnothachScottish Gaelic
- af ásettu ráði, af yfirlögðu ráði, rólega, viljandi, yfirvegað, vísvitandiIcelandic
- deliberatamente, per partito preso, intenzionalmenteItalian
- じっくり, 故意, わざとJapanese
- expres, bewust, opzettelijk, met opzetDutch
- намеренно, медленно, сознательно, нарочноRussian
- కావాలని, ఉద్దేశపూర్వకంగాTelugu
- зва́гом, навмисно, неквапливо, умисно, зна́рошнe, нарочи́то, назна́ро́шне, назна́рошки, пово́лі, пові́льно, прокво́листо, несква́пно, свідо́мо, нароком, зумисно, наро́шнe, виважено, зна́рошнаUkrainian
Get even more translations for deliberately »
Find a translation for the deliberately definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these deliberately definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"deliberately." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2016. Web. 27 Sep. 2016. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/deliberately>.