Definitions for defectivedɪˈfɛk tɪv
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word defective
having a defect
"I returned the appliance because it was defective"
markedly subnormal in structure or function or intelligence or behavior
not working properly
"a bad telephone connection"; "a defective appliance"
A person considered to be defective.
Having one or more defects.
lacking some forms; e.g., having only one tense or being usable only in the third person.
wanting in something; incomplete; lacking a part; deficient; imperfect; faulty; -- applied either to natural or moral qualities; as, a defective limb; defective timber; a defective copy or account; a defective character; defective rules
lacking some of the usual forms of declension or conjugation; as, a defective noun or verb
Translations for defective
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- неизправен, повреденBulgarian
- defectuós, defectiuCatalan, Valencian
- fehlerhaft, defektGerman
- defectivo, defectuosoSpanish
- vajavainen, puutteellinen, vajaa, viallinenFinnish
- défectif, défectueuxFrench
- uireasach, easpachIrish
- uireasbhachScottish Gaelic
- defeituoso, defectivoPortuguese
- defect, defectiv, defectuosRomanian
- дефе́ктный, повреждённый, дефекти́вный, неиспра́вныйRussian
- defektiv, defektSwedish
Get even more translations for defective »
Find a translation for the defective definition in other languages:
Select another language: