debris, dust, junk, rubble, detritus(noun)
the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
Rubble, wreckage, scattered remains of something destroyed.
Litter and discarded refuse.
The ruins of a broken-down structure
Large rock fragments left by a melting glacier etc.
Origin: From débris, itself from dé- + bris, or from debriser, from debrisier, itself from de- + brisier, of origin, from *, from brestanan, from bhrest-. Cogante with bristan, berstan. More at burst.
broken and detached fragments, taken collectively; especially, fragments detached from a rock or mountain, and piled up at the base
rubbish, especially such as results from the destruction of anything; remains; ruins
Origin: [F., fr. pref. d- (L. dis) + briser to break, shatter; perh. of Celtic origin.]
Debris or débris is rubble, wreckage, ruins, litter and discarded garbage/refuse/trash, scattered remains of something destroyed, discarded, or as in geology, large rock fragments left by a melting glacier etc. Depending on context, debris can refer to a number of different things.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
de-brē′, n.sing. and pl. rubbish: ruins: a mass of rocky fragments. [Fr., from briser, akin to bruise.]
birdes, brides, rebids
The numerical value of debris in Chaldean Numerology is: 8
The numerical value of debris in Pythagorean Numerology is: 3
Images & Illustrations of debris
Translations for debris
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- отпадъци, отломки, остатъци, развалиниBulgarian
- sutiny, troskyCzech
- Ruinen, Trümmer, Schutt, Ruine, GeröllGerman
- restos, ruinas, ñiqueñaque, escombros, ruina, basura, fragmentos glaciares, cachureo, morrenaSpanish
- jätteet, jäänteet, pirstaleetFinnish
- sprùilleachScottish Gaelic
- serpihan, puingIndonesian
- afval, wrakstukken, overblijfselen, puin, wrakhout, ruine, restanten, gletjserpuinDutch
- moreia, destroços, morena, detritos, lixo, ruínasPortuguese
- развалина, руина, мусор, лом, обломокRussian
- enkaz, yıkıntıTurkish
Get even more translations for debris »
Find a translation for the debris definition in other languages:
Select another language: