Definitions for curiousˈkyʊər i əs
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word curious
curious, funny, odd, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular(adj)
beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
"a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
eager to investigate and learn or learn more (sometimes about others' concerns)
"a curious child is a teacher's delight"; "a trap door that made me curious"; "curious investigators"; "traffic was slowed by curious rubberneckers"; "curious about the neighbor's doings"
having curiosity aroused; eagerly interested in learning more
"a trap door that made me curious"
Fastidious, particular; demanding a high standard of excellence, difficult to satisfy.
Inquisitive; tending to ask questions, investigate, or explore.
Young children are naturally curious about the world and everything in it.
Prompted by curiosity.
unusual; odd; out of the ordinary; bizarre
The platypus is a curious creature, with fur like a mammal and a beak like a bird.
difficult to please or satisfy; solicitous to be correct; careful; scrupulous; nice; exact
exhibiting care or nicety; artfully constructed; elaborate; wrought with elegance or skill
careful or anxious to learn; eager for knowledge; given to research or inquiry; habitually inquisitive; prying; -- sometimes with after or of
exciting attention or inquiry; awakening surprise; inviting and rewarding inquisitiveness; not simple or plain; strange; rare
Curious is a women's fragrance by Britney Spears for Elizabeth Arden, and is the first perfume to be endorsed by Britney Spears, preceding "Fantasy." Spears reportedly earned $52 million from the endorsement.
British National Corpus
Spoken Corpus Frequency
Rank popularity for the word 'curious' in Spoken Corpus Frequency: #4126
Rank popularity for the word 'curious' in Adjectives Frequency: #554
Translations for curious
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ціка́вы, дапытлівыBelarusian
- странен, любознателен, любопитен, куриозенBulgarian
- curiós, curiosaCatalan, Valencian
- podivný, zvláštní, zvědavýCzech
- kuriøs, nysgerrig, mærkværdig, besynderligDanish
- kurios, neugierigGerman
- raro, curioso, extrañoSpanish
- utelias, outo, erikoinenFinnish
- סקרנית, סקרןHebrew
- ingin tahuIndonesian
- curioso, stranoItalian
- 知る, 好奇心Japanese
- studiosus, curiosusLatin
- žingeidus, smalsus, keistas, neįprastasLithuanian
- ziņkārīgs, ziņkārsLatvian
- љубопитен, чуден, необиченMacedonian
- apart, nieuwsgierigDutch
- estranho, curiosoPortuguese
- ciudat, straniu, curios, neobișnuit, bizarRomanian
- любопытство, любопытный, интерес, пытливый, курьёзный, странный, любознательныйRussian
- besynnerlig, nyfiken, märklig, märkvärdigSwedish
- ціка́вий, допи́тливийUkrainian
Get even more translations for curious »
Find a translation for the curious definition in other languages:
Select another language: