Definitions for cumbersomeˈkʌm bər səm
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word cumbersome
difficult to handle or use especially because of size or weight
"a cumbersome piece of machinery"; "cumbrous protective clothing"
awkward, clumsy, cumbersome, inapt, inept, ill-chosen(adj)
not elegant or graceful in expression
"an awkward prose style"; "a clumsy apology"; "his cumbersome writing style"; "if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?"
burdensome or hindering, as a weight or drag; vexatious; cumbrous.
Not easily managed or handled; awkward
Cumbersome machines can endanger operators and slow down production.
Hard, difficult, demanding to handle or get around with
A slaves' work was as cumbersome as toiling on the fields, or in the mines.
burdensome or hindering, as a weight or drag; embarrassing; vexatious; cumbrous
not easily managed; as, a cumbersome contrivance or machine
The numerical value of cumbersome in Chaldean Numerology is: 5
The numerical value of cumbersome in Pythagorean Numerology is: 6
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
When the animal is out of the water, blubber can be heavy and cumbersome.
All of it is useful information ... even if it is tremendously burdensome and cumbersome.
The legitimacy of the federal acknowledgement process, no matter how cumbersome, must be protected.
This is absolutely brilliant, often I want a pizza, but just dialing that number and talking to people or typing in my computer is just cumbersome.
The policy framework needs to be improved vastly. Documentation is cumbersome. Land acquisition is time-consuming. Securing debt funding in India and financial closures is a tough task.
Images & Illustrations of cumbersome
Translations for cumbersome
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- тежък, неудобен, обременителенBulgarian
- schwierig, sperrig, mühsam, beschwerlich, hinderlich, lästig, schwerfällig, umständlichGerman
- käsitellä, kömpelö, vaivalloinen, rasittava, hankala, hankalastiFinnish
- pénible, encombrantFrench
- ingombrante, difficile da usareItalian
- lastig, zwaar, moeizaam, log, moeilijk, hinderlijk, onhandigDutch
- nieporęczny, niewygodny, uciążliwyPolish
- incômodo, desajeitadoPortuguese
- затруднительный, сложный, громоздкий, неудобный, тягостный, обременительныйRussian
- zor taşınır, ağır, külfetli, hantal, zorTurkish
Get even more translations for cumbersome »
Find a translation for the cumbersome definition in other languages:
Select another language: