Definitions for cuddleˈkʌd l
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word cuddle
cuddle, nestle, snuggle(verb)
a close and affectionate (and often prolonged) embrace
cuddle, snuggle, nestle, nest, nuzzle, draw close(verb)
move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position
"We cuddled against each other to keep warm"; "The children snuggled into their sleeping bags"
hold (a person or thing) close, as for affection, comfort, or warmth
"I cuddled the baby"
A snuggle; an affectionate embrace, often used in conjunction with family members and close friends.
To embrace affectionately, lie together snugly.
The young lovers cuddled on the couch.
To cradle in one's arms so as to give comfort, warmth.
Origin: Origin uncertain, but probably from a frequentative form of *, cuththen, keththen, a variant of cuthen, kuthen, kithen, from cuth, couth, equivalent to . Cognate with kudden. More at couth.
to lie close or snug; to crouch; to nestle
to embrace closely; to fondle
a close embrace
Origin: [Prob. for couthle, fr. couth known; cf. OE. kuen to cuddle, or culechen to make friends with. SeeCouth, Uncouth, Can.]
Translations for cuddle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- прегръщам, притискам се, прегръдкаBulgarian
- mazlit seCzech
- kæle, knuse, putteDanish
- kuscheln, knuddeln, schmusenGerman
- karesumi, intime brakumi, brakumi, karesi, kareseme kunumi, brakumadiEsperanto
- abrazo, abrazar, mecer, mecer en brazosSpanish
- halaus, halailla, halataFinnish
- câliner, câlin, cajoler, caresseFrench
- ölel, Hungarian
- coccola, cullare, coccolareItalian
- kuschelen, knuddelenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- knuffel, knuffelenDutch
- afagar, acariciar, carícia, abraçar, abraçoPortuguese
- îmbrățișare, îmbrățișaRomanian
- объятие, обнимание, друг другу, обняться, прижиматься, прижаться, обниматься, жатьсяRussian
- мажење, maženje, máziti, ма́зитиSerbo-Croatian
- kram, kela, gosa, hålla omSwedish
Get even more translations for cuddle »
Find a translation for the cuddle definition in other languages:
Select another language: