Definitions for cubeˈkyu beɪ, kyuˈbeɪ
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word cube
cube, regular hexahedron(noun)
a hexahedron with six equal squares as faces
a three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides
cube, third power(noun)
the product of three equal terms
any of several tropical American woody plants of the genus Lonchocarpus whose roots are used locally as a fish poison and commercially as a source of rotenone
cube, square block(verb)
a block in the (approximate) shape of a cube
raise to the third power
cut into cubes
"cube the cheese"
a regular solid body, with six equal square sides
the product obtained by taking a number or quantity three times as a factor; as, 4x4=16, and 16x4=64, the cube of 4
to raise to the third power; to obtain the cube of
Origin: [F. cube, L. cubus, fr. Gr. a cube, a cubical die.]
Cube is a 1997 Canadian science fiction psychological horror film, directed by Vincenzo Natali. The film was a successful product of the Canadian Film Centre's First Feature Project. The movie received a cult status for its surreal, Kafkaesque settings; it is set in identical cube-like rooms with each room being a different color, and no background story is revealed for the characters or the reason they were left in the Cube. The film also doesn't demonstrate any clear plot regarding the Cube's background, creation, purpose and its location. The timeframe of the story is also left unknown.
Chambers 20th Century Dictionary
kūb, n. a solid body having six equal square faces, a solid square: the third power of a number, as—2 × 2 × 2 = 8.—v.t. to raise to the third power.—ns. Cū′bage, Cubā′tion, Cū′bature, the act of finding the solid or cubic content of a body: the result thus found.—adjs. Cū′bic, -al, pertaining to a cube: of the third power or degree: solid.—adv. Cū′bically.—n. Cū′bicalness, state or quality of being cubical.—adjs. Cū′biform; Cū′boid, Cuboid′al, resembling a cube in shape.—Cube root, the number or quantity that produces a given cube by being raised to the third power—thus 2 is the cube root of 8. [Fr.,—L. cubus—Gr. kybos, a die.]
The New Hacker's Dictionary
1. [short for ‘cubicle’] A module in the open-plan offices used at many programming shops. “I've got the manuals in my cube.” 2. A NeXT machine (which resembles a matte-black cube).
The numerical value of cube in Chaldean Numerology is: 7
The numerical value of cube in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
In this one (Farm Cube), the one cycle, around six weeks, 200 pieces or 100 pieces depending on different vegetables.
If I were a toy, I would be a Rubin's Cube since I am from the 80's and have a very colorful personality. I am complex, challenging, complicated, sometimes frustrating but oh so pleasurable when u figure me out!
If I were a toy, I would be a Rubik's Cube since I am from the 80's and have a very colorful personality. I am complex, challenging, complicated, sometimes frustrating but oh so pleasurable when u figure me out!
A Soulution to Rubik's Cube is not a series of individual good guesses, each surmounting move has twelve to one odds against success. It is a series of perplexed movements or algorithms that form a coherent method of returning back to it's original (correct) state.
It seems absurd to bring a bunch of beautifully dressed people into the gallery when we can bring in a bunch of nude people, we seem to forget the nude is really important to art history. The museum in itself is reductive -- we have the idea of the white cube but why have we then reduced the viewer through their clothing?
Images & Illustrations of cube
Translations for cube
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- كَعْبَةٌ, مُكَعَّبٌArabic
- kub, küpAzerbaijani
- куб, вдигам на куб, кубчеBulgarian
- cubCatalan, Valencian
- krychle, třetí mocnina, kostkaCzech
- würfeln, Würfel, KubusGerman
- cubo, cubito, terrónSpanish
- kuutio, kuutioida, [[korottaa]] [[kolmanteen]] [[potenssiin]], [[muotoilla]] [[kuutioksi]]Finnish
- קובייה, בחזקת שלושHebrew
- kocka, köbre emel, köbHungarian
- kubbur, teningurIcelandic
- elevare al cubo, cubo, elevare alla terza, cubettare, cuboide, dadoItalian
- さいの目に切る, 立方, 角砂糖, 三乗, 立方体Japanese
- კუბი, კუბში ახარისხებაGeorgian
- 입방체, 입방, 立方體, 立方Korean
- коцка, дига на куб, кубMacedonian
- kiub, kubus, kuasa tiga, daduMalay
- regelmatig zesvlak, tot een kubus vormen, tot de derde macht verheffen, derde macht, in blokjes snijden, kubusDutch
- do sześcianu, sześcian, [[podnosić]] [[do]] [[sześcian]]u, kostkaPolish
- cubo, [[elevar]] [[à]] [[terceira]] [[potência]], cubar, [[dar]] [[forma]] [[de]] [[cubo]] [[a]], [[elevar]] [[ao cubo]]Portuguese
- ку́бик, возводить в куб, кубRussian
- коцка, kockaSerbo-Croatian
- kocka, kubSlovene
- upphöja, tärning, block, tärna, potensen, kub, ta i kubik, tredje, treSwedish
- ลูกบาศก์, บาศก์Thai
- küp, küpünü almak, küpüTurkish
- hình lập phươngVietnamese
Get even more translations for cube »
Find a translation for the cube definition in other languages:
Select another language: