Definitions for cubkʌb
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word cub
cub, greenhorn, rookie(noun)
an awkward and inexperienced youth
cub, lad, laddie, sonny, sonny boy(noun)
a male child (a familiar term of address to a boy)
cub, young carnivore(verb)
the young of certain carnivorous mammals such as the bear or wolf or lion
give birth to cubs
"bears cub every year"
A member of the Cub Scouts.
A player on the team the "Chicago Cubs".
Jones became a Cub as the result of a pre-season trade.
a young animal, esp. the young of the bear
jocosely or in contempt, a boy or girl, esp. an awkward, rude, ill-mannered boy
to bring forth; -- said of animals, or in contempt, of persons
a stall for cattle
to shut up or confine
Origin: [Cf. Ir. cuib cub, whelp, young dog, Ir. & Gael. cu dog; akin to E. hound.]
Cub was an indie rock band from Vancouver, British Columbia that formed in 1992 and disbanded in 1997. They played a melodic, jangly form of pop punk that was dubbed "cuddlecore" by some music critics. Their song "New York City" was covered by They Might Be Giants on their album Factory Showroom, and their song "Little Star" was covered by Washington's Sicko on their album, Laugh While You Can Monkey Boy.
Translations for cub
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- бала, төлкө балаһыBashkir
- Löwenjunges, Wolfsjunges, Welpe, Fuchsjunges, Gepardenjunges, Junges, Pandajunges, Braunbärenjunges, Fuchswelpe, Dachsjunges, Leopardenjunges, Eisbärjunges, Tigerjunges, Eisbärenjunges, Tigerbaby, Löwenbaby, BärenjungesGerman
- ourson, louveteau, renardeau, lionceau, petitFrench
- cuilean, iseanScottish Gaelic
- bocs, kölyök, rókafiHungarian
- ձագ, կորյուն, քոթոթArmenian
- 子, 幼獣Japanese
- ferħ, ferħaMaltese
- młode, szczenię, lisięPolish
- pui, vulpanRomanian
- детёныш, львёнок, лисёнок, волчонок, тигрёнок, медвежонокRussian
- tawanaSouthern Sotho
Get even more translations for cub »
Find a translation for the cub definition in other languages:
Select another language: