Definitions for crudekrud
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word crude
petroleum, crude oil, crude, rock oil, fossil oil, oil(adj)
a dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
not carefully or expertly made
"managed to make a crude splint"; "a crude cabin of logs with bark still on them"; "rough carpentry"
crude, earthy, gross, vulgar(adj)
conspicuously and tastelessly indecent
"coarse language"; "a crude joke"; "crude behavior"; "an earthy sense of humor"; "a revoltingly gross expletive"; "a vulgar gesture"; "full of language so vulgar it should have been edited"
unrefined, unprocessed, crude(adj)
not refined or processed
"unrefined ore"; "crude oil"
crude, primitive, rude(adj)
belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness
"the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains"
blunt, crude(a), stark(a)(adj)
devoid of any qualifications or disguise or adornment
"the blunt truth"; "the crude facts"; "facing the stark reality of the deadline"
not processed or subjected to analysis
"raw data"; "the raw cost of production"; "only the crude vital statistics"
Any substance in its natural state.
Being in a natural state.
Characterized by simplicity, especially something not carefully or expertly made.
a crude shelter
Lacking concealing elements.
a crude truth
Lacking tact or taste.
a crude remark
Being in an unanalyzed form.
Immature or unripe.
Origin: From crude, from crudus, from krewa-. Cognate with hreaw. More at raw.
in its natural state; not cooked or prepared by fire or heat; undressed; not altered, refined, or prepared for use by any artificial process; raw; as, crude flesh
unripe; not mature or perfect; immature
not reduced to order or form; unfinished; not arranged or prepared; ill-considered; immature
undigested; unconcocted; not brought into a form to give nourishment
having, or displaying, superficial and undigested knowledge; without culture or profundity; as, a crude reasoner
harsh and offensive, as a color; tawdry or in bad taste, as a combination of colors, or any design or work of art
Origin: [L. crudus raw; akin to cruor blood (which flows from a wound). See Raw, and cf. Cruel.]
Crude is the first studio album from Shetland based band Bongshang.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'crude' in Adjectives Frequency: #786
Translations for crude
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- прост, суров, необработен, незрял, груб, неузрялBulgarian
- groller, cruCatalan, Valencian
- nedozrálý, jasný, zřejmý, evidentní, nezralý, neomalený, syrový, prostý, surovýCzech
- grob, unfertig, rohGerman
- ακατέργαστος, άξεστος, αργός, αδρός, χονδροειδής, ανεπεξέργαστοςGreek
- yksinkertainen, karkeaFinnish
- cru, vulgaireFrench
- גולמי, גולמיתHebrew
- nyers, faragatlan, éretlen, kezdetleges, durva, finomítatlanHungarian
- semplice, volgare, ovvio, acerbo, grezzo, crudo, raffazzonato, rustico, greggioItalian
- rudimentair, ongeraffineerd, ruw, primitief, onafgewerkt, onbewerkt, naakt, vulgair, grof, smakeloosDutch
- surowy, nieoczyszczony, prymitywnyPolish
- необработанный, грубый, сыройRussian
- obearbetad, plump, oförblommerad, enkel, rå, oborstad, grov, ohöljd, råämneSwedish
- ముడి, నాటు, ముతకTelugu
Get even more translations for crude »
Find a translation for the crude definition in other languages:
Select another language: