Definitions for croakkroʊk
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word croak
a harsh hoarse utterance (as of a frog)
die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it(verb)
pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
"She died from cancer"; "The children perished in the fire"; "The patient went peacefully"; "The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
utter a hoarse sound, like a raven
murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl(verb)
make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
"she grumbles when she feels overworked"
A faint, harsh sound made in the throat.
The cry of a frog or toad. (see also ribbit)
To make a croak.
Of a frog, to make its cry.
Of a raven, to make its cry.
To kill someone or something.
He'd seen my face, so I had to croak him.
Origin: croken, back-formation from cracettan, cræccettan, from krāk- (compare Swedish kråka, German krächzen), from greh₂-k- (compare Latin graculus ‘jackdaw’, Serbo-Croatian ).
to make a low, hoarse noise in the throat, as a frog, a raven, or a crow; hence, to make any hoarse, dismal sound
to complain; especially, to grumble; to forebode evil; to utter complaints or forebodings habitually
to utter in a low, hoarse voice; to announce by croaking; to forebode; as, to croak disaster
the coarse, harsh sound uttered by a frog or a raven, or a like sound
Translations for croak
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- qəbərmək, gorbagor olmaqAzerbaijani
- умирам, грача, убивам, крякам, квакамBulgarian
- raucar, raucCatalan, Valencian
- quaken, krepierenGerman
- κουάξ, κρωγμός, κοάζω, κράζωGreek
- croar, palmarla, palmarSpanish
- korahtaa, raakkua, korahdella, kurnuttaaFinnish
- buter, crever, clamser, coasser, croasser, coacFrench
- crepare, gracchiare, gracidio, gracidareItalian
- ケロケロ, ゲロゲロ鳴く, くたばるJapanese
- kwaken, de pijp uit gaan, snevenDutch
- grasnir, grasnar, grasnado, grasnada, grasno, grasnidoPortuguese
- квак, хрипеть, сдыхать, сдохнуть, кокнуть, хрип, ква-ква, квакать, каркать, замочитьRussian
- kväk, kväkaSwedish
Get even more translations for croak »
Find a translation for the croak definition in other languages:
Select another language: