the state of being contaminated
a substance that contaminates
the act of contaminating or polluting; including (either intentionally or accidentally) unwanted substances or factors
The act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates.
A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
the act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates
Origin: [L. contaminatio.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The deposit, absorption, or adsorption of radioactive material, or of biological or chemical agents on or by structures, areas, personnel, or objects. See also induced radiation; residual radiation. 2. Food and/or water made unfit for consumption by humans or animals because of the presence of environmental chemicals, radioactive elements, bacteria or organisms, the byproduct of the growth of
The numerical value of contamination in Chaldean Numerology is: 3
The numerical value of contamination in Pythagorean Numerology is: 4
Sample Sentences & Example Usage
So long as we have not identified a source, we must investigate in all directions and cannot take part in the sometimes wild speculation (about the contamination source).
We need offshore fracking stopped immediately before chemical contamination or an oil spill devastates California’s coastal communities and kills sea otters and other endangered marine wildlife.
Despite the fact that the levels of contamination off our shores remain well below government-established safety limits for human health or to marine life, the changing values underscore the need to more closely monitor contamination levels across the Pacific.
The federal government’s turning a blind eye as offshore fracking threatens to poison our beautiful beaches and coastal waters, we need offshore fracking stopped immediately before chemical contamination or an oil spill devastates California’s coastal communities and kills sea otters and other endangered marine wildlife.
Learning builds daily accumulation, but the prictice of Tao builds daily simplification. Simplify and simplify, until all contamination from relative, contridictory thinking is eliminated. Then one does nothing, yet nothing is left undone. One who wins the world does so by not meddling with it. One who meddles with the world loses it.
Images & Illustrations of contamination
Translations for contamination
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- contaminacióCatalan, Valencian
- kontaminace, znečištěníCzech
- Kontamination, Verunreinigung, VerseuchungGerman
- kontamino, kontaminadoEsperanto
- pilaantuminen, saastuminen, sanasekauma, saastuttaminenFinnish
- truailleadhScottish Gaelic
- 汚染, コンタミネーションJapanese
- kontaminācija, kontaminēšanāsLatvian
- загрязнение, контаминацияRussian
Get even more translations for contamination »
Find a translation for the contamination definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these contamination definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"contamination." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2017. Web. 22 Jun 2017. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/contamination>.