Definitions for contaminationkənˌtæm əˈneɪ ʃən
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word contamination
the state of being contaminated
a substance that contaminates
the act of contaminating or polluting; including (either intentionally or accidentally) unwanted substances or factors
The act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates.
A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
the act or process of contaminating; pollution; defilement; taint; also, that which contaminates
Origin: [L. contaminatio.]
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
1. The deposit, absorption, or adsorption of radioactive material, or of biological or chemical agents on or by structures, areas, personnel, or objects. See also induced radiation; residual radiation. 2. Food and/or water made unfit for consumption by humans or animals because of the presence of environmental chemicals, radioactive elements, bacteria or organisms, the byproduct of the growth of
Translations for contamination
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- contaminacióCatalan, Valencian
- kontaminace, znečištěníCzech
- Kontamination, Verunreinigung, VerseuchungGerman
- kontamino, kontaminadoEsperanto
- pilaantuminen, saastuminen, sanasekauma, saastuttaminenFinnish
- truailleadhScottish Gaelic
- 汚染, コンタミネーションJapanese
- kontaminācija, kontaminēšanāsLatvian
- загрязнение, контаминацияRussian
Get even more translations for contamination »
Find a translation for the contamination definition in other languages:
Select another language:
Discuss these contamination definitions with the community:
Word of the Day
Would you like us to send you a FREE new word definition delivered to your inbox daily?
Use the citation below to add this definition to your bibliography:
"contamination." Definitions.net. STANDS4 LLC, 2015. Web. 26 May 2015. <http://www.definitions.net/definition/contamination>.