Definitions for conferkənˈfɜr
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word confer
confer, confabulate, confab, consult(verb)
have a conference in order to talk something over
"We conferred about a plan of action"
"The university conferred a degree on its most famous former student, who never graduated"; "bestow an honor on someone"
To talk together, to consult, discuss; to deliberate.
To bring together; to collect, gather.
To grant as a possession; to bestow.
To contribute (to); to conduce.
Origin: From confero.
to bring together for comparison; to compare
to grant as a possession; to bestow
to contribute; to conduce
to have discourse; to consult; to compare views; to deliberate
Confer streamlines the communication process with Enterprise 2.0 conventions like micro-blogging, social networking, tagging, and instant secure chat.
British National Corpus
Rank popularity for the word 'confer' in Verbs Frequency: #955
Translations for confer
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- удостоявам, давам титла, съвещавам се, беседвам, обсъждамBulgarian
- jednat, vést, propůjčit, udělit, hovořit, radit seCzech
- debatir, consultar, conferirSpanish
- antaa, myöntää, neuvotellaFinnish
- tanácskozik, átruház, tárgyalHungarian
- overleggen, consulterenDutch
- обговаривать, обсуждать, придавать, наделятьRussian
- konferera, rådlägga, tilldelaSwedish
Get even more translations for confer »
Find a translation for the confer definition in other languages:
Select another language: