Definitions for condolence
This page provides all possible meanings and translations of the word condolence
an expression of sympathy with another's grief
"they sent their condolences"
comfort, support or sympathy
There was not much to do after the accident but offer what condolence I could.
An expression of comfort, support, or sympathy offered to the family and friends of somebody who has died
I sent her a card expressing my condolences after her mother passed away.
Origin: From condoleo, from con- + doleo.
expression of sympathy with another in sorrow or grief
Translations for condolence
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تعزية, تأسيةArabic
- съболезнования, съчувствиеBulgarian
- Kondolenz, Beileid, AnteilnahmeGerman
- osanotto, pahoittelu, myötätuntoFinnish
- réconfort, condoléancesFrench
- 哀悼, 悔やみJapanese
- innige deelnemingDutch
- pêsame, condolênciaPortuguese
- compătimire, consolare, condoleanțeRomanian
- сочувствие, соболезнованиеRussian
- taziye, başsağlığıTurkish
Get even more translations for condolence »
Find a translation for the condolence definition in other languages:
Select another language: