an expression of sympathy with another's grief
"they sent their condolences"
comfort, support or sympathy
There was not much to do after the accident but offer what condolence I could.
An expression of comfort, support, or sympathy offered to the family and friends of somebody who has died
I sent her a card expressing my condolences after her mother passed away.
Origin: From condoleo, from con- + doleo.
expression of sympathy with another in sorrow or grief
Origin: [Cf. F. condolance.]
The numerical value of condolence in Chaldean Numerology is: 2
The numerical value of condolence in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9
Images & Illustrations of condolence
Translations for condolence
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تعزية, تأسيةArabic
- съболезнования, съчувствиеBulgarian
- Kondolenz, Beileid, AnteilnahmeGerman
- osanotto, pahoittelu, myötätuntoFinnish
- réconfort, condoléancesFrench
- 哀悼, 悔やみJapanese
- innige deelnemingDutch
- pêsame, condolênciaPortuguese
- compătimire, consolare, condoleanțeRomanian
- сочувствие, соболезнованиеRussian
- taziye, başsağlığıTurkish
Get even more translations for condolence »
Find a translation for the condolence definition in other languages:
Select another language: